cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaut clio etc bad starting

Brickinit
Grafter

this might be of interest of any of you out there with a renault. i bought my misses one about 7 years ago, nice car about 2 years old then and very low mileage. not long after getting it the starting could get abit erratic it would just turn over and not even fire, as oppose to when the imobilizer was still engaged and it would fire once then not start. she persevered with, it seemed if you left it for a short while it would start.now beings it was so intermitant i was a bit loathed to chuck loads of money at it never nowing if it was fixed or not.
things came to a bit of a head last month when it got really tempermental (must be female) and there was a distinct chance of it being left where ever it died and she was going to call the scrapman. had a look for a renault forum didn't take long to spot the most likely cause, a little sensor above the flywheel to tell the engine management when it was at top dead center.
two bolts, two wires a brush off and and one pass of sandpaper, all of ten minutes, and i reaped in a whole load of brownie points.
i'm pretty sure this will be simular on other models in the renault range.

oops wrong forum maybe mod. can change to gen chit chat
7 REPLIES
N/A

Happy hound, this should be posted in the general chit chat section, how this relates to "Everything Internet" I have no idea lol
N/A

I think he realised that once he had posted Aaron.

The mods mustnt have seen it yet.
N/A

Probably, but I was hoping, that highlighting it might draw the attention of a mod, and get it moved lol
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Renaut clio etc bad starting

Oh, go on then Smiley
Brickinit
Grafter

Bless. we got there in the end. bit like that ole clio Shockedops:
Community Veteran

Back on topic, I've got a Renault Megane, I had some big problems back in April, see further down this forum. I think most faults with Renaults are electrical faults as its been the cause of 3 faults Ive had in the 4 years we have had the car.

The problem with Renualts is generally a normal garage cant fix it and you'll need to take it to a costly Renault dealer.

Chris
Brickinit
Grafter

i totally agree with you, that is the best thing about the web, being able to search for solutions and remedy the problems yourself cheaply or in this case for free. had simular with a zanussi washing machine last week, worked out that the duel inlet valve was not letting in water which locked the program, gave the valve a few taps (very hihg tec!) and it worked again for a couple of days. looked around for a valve on the net ect seemed the best price was around £30 looked at the zanussi prefered contractors, gave them a ring, they gave me a parts number to ring got the bit for £23.44 delivered next day. bliss.