cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular loss of service?

N/A

Regular loss of service?

Cry
Over the last month or so I now find Metronet Service is up & down every 2-3 days. Yesterday it was OK in the day, then down around 6.00 pm for rest of day. Is it me or are all users suffering like this?
I am getting fed up with the bad service since recent sale/merger.
David Olphin
23 REPLIES
N/A

Regular loss of service?

Is it me or are all users suffering like this?

Since the take over the only problem I've had was last Thursday. Apart from that I've had one disconnect. Before takeover my modem would reconnect most nights.
Cheers
Jon
N/A

Regular loss of service?

Is it me or are all users suffering like this?

The change has been absolutely seamless for me.
Dave.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Regular loss of service?

Cry
Over the last month or so I now find Metronet Service is up & down every 2-3 days.

Hi David,

Like the others I've very little problems - good speeds and solid connections.
You need to raise a ticket on this one BUT first to save yourself time and have all the answers for support you should go through ALL the relevent stuff here as there could be any number of reasons for your problems. I know it is very easy to blame Plusnet but me thinks it's your connection or kit that's probably the cause.

Good luck
Bill
N/A

Regular loss of service?

I voted no but to be honest it depends on what you are voting on: BB Service or Customer Service?

My BB has been pretty stable very recently but seemed to be poor for a couple of months before then.

I think the whole MetroNet Operations has taken a dive, I don't like the Support/Account UI and I'm not impressed with what were previously MetroNet's strengths (ie staying ahead of the rest) so, technically, the service is ok but I'm not a happy camper in the main.
gromittz
Grafter

Regular loss of service?

My connection since the take over has been generally worse.

Before, I could maintain a solid connection on my router for weeks at a time without a reconnect.

Nowadays its reconnecting every couple of days at best, and at worst, several times a day.

Speeds have continued to be good though.
N/A

Regular loss of service?

I have to say that I have experienced regular problems with outage, more so recently than when plusnet first tookover.As for Port995.com it is the pits
Problem is, who is really better? Evil
N/A

Regular loss of service?

Don't make me laugh Billbo....Metronet is now crap!
Community Veteran

Regular loss of service?

Laugh if you will....

My connection is reliable and speeds are on par/better than the old Metronet - if yours are not then you should follow the advice I gave above.

Now if your talking of the C/S ticket system and billing - these are not laughing matters.

Bill.
N/A

Regular loss of service?

...or the frequent email server problems....or the billing problems....or the utterly redundant customer service.
N/A

Regular loss of service?

My service disappears for periods every day. I'm just looking to get my hands on another router to see if it has the same problems. If so, I've ruled out everything on a 14 point list of things Metronet asked me to check and it will be a Metronet/Plusnet problem. The service has been very poor since mid March and nothing yet done about it.

AL
N/A

Regular loss of service?

Laugh if you will....

My connection is reliable and speeds are on par/better than the old Metronet - if yours are not then you should follow the advice I gave above.

Bill.

But to be honest - if the end user has changed NOTHING and their service has degraded then the logical cause of the problems is at the Plusnet end.
Community Veteran

Regular loss of service?

But to be honest - if the end user has changed NOTHING and their service has degraded then the logical cause of the problems is at the Plusnet end.

Logically you are correct - BUT you must have heard of sod's law - and as there are apparently so many reasons why you can not get a good solid connection all the time - rain, wind, sun, christmas lights, radio inteferrence, filter failure, modem requiring reset, exchange contention et al you CAN do NOTHING and have a borked connection.
A few simple tests can narrow down the source of the problem.

Bill
zundapp
Dabbler

denial of problems....?

I think Billbow has his head buried in the sand..... The email system has been atrocious - my password had even been changed, and no, I didn't change it! So how do things like that happen in a stable organisation? That's not a glitch with my equipment or setup. My connection speed is consistently slower than it was before plusnet came along, and now, according to them, my usage has increased dramatically and I'll have to pay for that. Well, my usage hasn't changed at all, so is this a demonstration of a billing problem?
Community Veteran

Regular loss of service?

Hi

Wellcome to the forum.

My post was aimed at those people who have failed to connect - it is so simple to assume that ones kit/line is OK when many cases it is not - Yes I agree there are also those times that the problem is just as likely to be at the Metronet/Plusnet end - but unless the simple tests are carried out first there is no way of knowing where the problem is.

If you check the date of my post you will see that is was two months ago and had absolutely nothing to do with the current email fiasco. As a moderator of this forum I am problably more aware than most of the current email (and other) problems.

Did you read my posts earlier in this tread? Also if you also care to check my post history - you will find that my aim is to assist where ever I can and I can't do that with my head in the sand.

(Please don't take this post as "having a go at you" - I don't mean it that way - is just meant to be a friendly heads-up to where I stand, and it is so easy to take the written word the wrong way).

Cheers
Bill