cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular disconnects again

N/A

This is seriously driving me around the bend. I recently posted a similar problem but seemd to have cured it by changing the modem. However its started to happen again.

It only usually happens when playing online games but it keeps dropping my connection and I have to manually log on again when the connection comes back. Im sure if it was my hardware it would do it all the time but I can go through days of it being ok. For istance as i had the day to myself yesterday I was playing for most of the afternoon without a problem then later at night it started happening, constanlty. I gave up in the end and turned off the PC.

The extension from the main socket is quite new so im sure its not that and we dont have any other phones in the house.

I will try a couple of new filters and see if thats the problem. Other than that I have no idea if its my setup or F9/BT.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Do you use a USB modem or a router?
Are you losing sync or "showtime" when you disconnect?
Do you have this problem if you use your modem/router in the BT master socket?

Regards,
Mark.
N/A

snap

simular problem,though i was fine on 512kb connection it frequently(within mins of connecting sometimes,) disconnects without warning when in games/downloading or even just browsing....actualy i connected and came straight on here to write this,and it disconnected me again before i even got to press the submit button the 1st time!!
N/A

disconnects

My new 1Mb lite connection establishes a connection but can disconnect at any time sometimes reconnecting immediately or sometimes not for a few minutes. I am quite patient but this is very frustrating. I don't play games and only download occasionally but just checking emails sometimes takes longer than my 33k dial up did as i have to wait for a connection. same with the automatic virus checker updates most are missed because it can not connect.
I have an ADSl router/modem (eTEC). Everything has a filter and the phones are now all fine is this a problem anyone knows about. Sad
N/A

I used to have this problem a lot on my 512 line. It only used to happen in wey weather and I found that by calling BT and raising a voice fault it was cleared. Apparently the routing of my line can suffer from water ingress quite a lot. Not sure if this is the problem here though.

Mark
N/A

Re: Regular disconnects again

The extension from the main socket is quite new so im sure its not that and we dont have any other phones in the house.

If by this you mean you have a phone extension cord then it's almost certainly a weak spot. In fact, extensions aren't supported in the basic DSL requirements.

Why it should be misbehaving in that manner is not so clear. It could be something stupid like one end getting tugged just a little bit, it could even be interferance from next doors washing machine.

Can you move your macine to near the phone socket for a couple of days, just to take that out of the equation
N/A

I know I started this thread some time ago but the issues have been solved. How, I dont have a clue.

I tried replacing almost everything I could, unplugging and replugging all in again but still refused to stayt connect. I ended up taking the PC downstairs and connected into the master socket. It was solid as a rock for hours. I assumed it must have been the phone extension cable. After taking the PC back uypstairs and connecting it all up again the whole thing again was stable, no disconects again!!! Its been like that ever since,

What the heck it was I have no clue.
N/A

As soon as i have the time i will try that. Put pc in hall near front door and plug into the master socket. Might be uncomfotable for a while but worth a try.