cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Router

MadBob
Grafter

Recommended Router

I want to set up my Network using NAT instead of ICS, I figured out it is only going to be possible using an ADSL Router instead of the Alcatel SpeedTouch I have now, which I have tried to set up but just cannot get a connection, if this is something I am doing wrong I would appreciate being shown the way as it would save me the £85 for the router,

Are their any recommended routers other than the Solwise one on F9?

Can I use pretty much any ADSL Router? I am going to try to buy one at a computer fair tomorrow and if I cannot find a Solwise I could just do with a few other names that are as good or better, I am looking at the Solwise SAR715 with the 4 Ports at £85 so something along the same lines as that would be good.

Solwise link
5 REPLIES
N/A

Recommended Router

I'd recommend the Netgear DG814 - http://www.netgear.co.uk/html/prod_routers_adsl.htm#dg814.

It is extremely good.
MadBob
Grafter

Recommended Router

he he, could you not reply any quicker Smiley you posted before I read my own post,

Cheers, any other suggestions as I am going to be limited to what Bowlers have on the day.

one I might be able to get hold of easily is the D-Link DSL-504 as they sell it at Scan so the dealers at Bowlers should carry this.

do you have a recommended place to buy the Netgear one? (around Manchester if its offline)

ok I found the Netgear at £88.99 and free delivery so I will go for that one, saves me a trip to bowlers Smiley cheers.
Ianwild
Grafter

Recommended Router

I personally reckon that anything reviewied here is worth reviewing!

Regards,
N/A

Recommended Router

I got my NG router from Amazon.
MadBob
Grafter

Recommended Router

@ianwild

thanks exactly what I was looking for.