cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent upgrade (April, 2004) and script failures.

N/A

I have been referred here by the response to my "contact us" ticket, although I do not think this is the place to sort it out!

Since the upgrade two days ago, my scripts have started to fail, and I am receiving a regular supply of e-mails by users of my pages who are complaining that they cannot get them to work.

The problem is that the session_start() command has stopped working. These are the error messages which are displayed.

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_509b4366f1989de95fc9c41e4fe4442c, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /files/home2/meikleriggs1/free-online2/maths/index.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /files/home2/meikleriggs1/free-online2/maths/index.php:2) in /files/home2/meikleriggs1/free-online2/maths/index.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /files/home2/meikleriggs1/free-online2/maths/index.php:2) in /files/home2/meikleriggs1/free-online2/maths/index.php on line 2

I do not see this as a "scripting issue" but as a server issue. I have scanned the session panels in the display from phpinfo.php on both the Free-online servers and on my own system. The only significant difference is at the entry for session.save_path. Could it be that this is wrongly set?
2 REPLIES
N/A

At least your forum works!! Sad

I have two in my cgi space...the one that is linked directly works fine, the other, which is set up via a domain pointer, has suddenly stopped working completely and the first response to my raised ticket was less than helpful.

I run phpbb and dont think it's possible for two forums in the same cgi space to both differ in operation when i've changed nothing.

I've checked the IP address, thats fine so the pointer should work. I can access it by typing in http://cgi.lizant.free-online.co.uk but of course the scripts are expecting it to be called from a domain so try and access www.mydomain.co.uk/forumadd or whatever and it stops dead.

I'll let you know If my query is answered incase anyone else is having problems the same.
N/A

I've not had the same problem as u 2, but my site dissapeared for a while, i got page cannot be found, my users got page could not be found, but a contact us ticket tells me it's my connection. hmmm worked ok b4 the upgrade plus my users aren't connected to FOL.

There's still issues to be sorted out here me thinks...

Platty