cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really simple question

graham
Grafter

Really simple question

I've just activated (last Friday actually) Mysql and CGi on my account.

I have not received any emails from F9 with any details, still it does only say they'll send one in approximately 4 hours. :roll:

On raising a ticket I'm told there are no special settings for CGI and password is the same as my account one. and to look at the help pages.

Having searched through the help and the forums I find all sorts of definitions of what I should enter as user id when trying to access my CGI space via ftp etc.. but none of them and my account password is accepted.

so is it just my username, or
ccgi.username.force9.co.uk, or
something else

Cheers

Graham
5 REPLIES
N/A

Really simple question

The settings for something like WSFTP are:

Host name: cshell.force9.net
User ID: your username (i.e. didit)
Password: Same password as your main one.

Hit OK, Connect or whatever in your software and if it has been activated it will open your directory.

Regards

Mark
graham
Grafter

Really simple question

Cheers for that confirmation.

Thats basically what the respose to a ticket I raised said, although theirs was less simply put ......

Shame it just comes back login incorrect :roll:

I knew it was not a good idea to start playing with these 'value added' features :roll: :lol:
N/A

Really simple question

It could be that the cgi hasn't been activated yet. Visiting http://ccgi.geehawk.force9.co.uk/ which would be your default page seems to show this to be the case.

Regards

Mark
graham
Grafter

Really simple question

I've raised another ticket in an attempt to find out whats happened.

Thanks

Graham
graham
Grafter

Really simple question

Well I was told to try my username and password so replied that I had, but no joy, and told them so.

The ticket is then forwarded by someone who replicated my problem to someone else to reset the password, this person then forwards it to someone else because he can't reset the password because my account apparently does not exist. :roll:

And since then ...... nothing ..........

Why can't just one person do all the above, might speed up the whole support process a bit.