cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read and Respond

N/A

Read and Respond

Hi, my name is Matt and I am a new customer that hjas yet to be activated. But I have been checking these forums and the portal regularly, and see there are some problems.

However, from where Im sitting, the problem with F9 is not Themselves. Its a number of users apparently trying to make life difficult for them.

In my opinion, the point of these forums is to report your problems, in a constructive way. Pointingh out the areas that we, the users, would like improved.

F9 are a company with a good reputation and provide a good affordable service. With bags of features you would normally pay extra for. They are professionals. If we report a problem, they deal with it as soon as they can. Many of the support staff post on these forums to keep us updated regularly. The way it should be done.

What are not useful comments are "Sort it out F9, why is my connection so sh*te?". And people replying and saying "I agree, it is rubbish yadda yadda yadda" is not helpful.

I work for a support company. Once a problem is logged it gets put in a queue and prioritised. Once in this queue, they deal with it as soon as they can. So there is no need to keep posting here going on, and on, and on about the same issue and complaining about why it isn't done. It will NOT get you anywhere.

Maybe F9 should have a page on how to log an effectivce support issue. Lord knows that if many of you knew what was needed as an effective medium of getting your point across, then it would save them a lot of time, and they could use that fixing other problems.

Basically my point is, if you are going to complain, do it CONSTRUCTIVELY and ONCE. They will get on the case. Remember, you are not the only customer in the world with a problem.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Read and Respond

> Hi, my name is Matt and I am a new customer that hjas yet to be activated. But I have been checking these forums and the portal regularly, and see there are some problems.
>
> However, from where Im sitting, the problem with F9 is not Themselves. Its a number of users apparently trying to make life difficult for them.
>
> In my opinion, the point of these forums is to report your problems, in a constructive way. Pointingh out the areas that we, the users, would like improved.
>
> F9 are a company with a good reputation and provide a good affordable service. With bags of features you would normally pay extra for. They are professionals. If we report a problem, they deal with it as soon as they can. Many of the support staff post on these forums to keep us updated regularly. The way it should be done.
>
> What are not useful comments are "Sort it out F9, why is my connection so sh*te?". And people replying and saying "I agree, it is rubbish yadda yadda yadda" is not helpful.
>
> I work for a support company. Once a problem is logged it gets put in a queue and prioritised. Once in this queue, they deal with it as soon as they can. So there is no need to keep posting here going on, and on, and on about the same issue and complaining about why it isn't done. It will NOT get you anywhere.
>
> Maybe F9 should have a page on how to log an effectivce support issue. Lord knows that if many of you knew what was needed as an effective medium of getting your point across, then it would save them a lot of time, and they could use that fixing other problems.
>
> Basically my point is, if you are going to complain, do it CONSTRUCTIVELY and ONCE. They will get on the case. Remember, you are not the only customer in the world with a problem.

N/A

> Hi, my name is Matt and I am a new customer that hjas yet to be activated. But I have been checking these forums and the portal regularly, and see there are some problems.
>
Hi Matt,

I have looked in to your connection and at the moment the sub state is still under survey. This means that BT are still carrying out either line tests or hardware upgrades to your line or ;local exchange.

We will however, update you when we know the activation date.

On the other issue that you have raised we can only state that at the moment we do seem to be receiving negative feedback with regards to some of the latest work we have carried out.

We will be shortly making an announcement to clarify what we intend to do to put things back on track again.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

Thats great, although it was not intedned to be portrayed this way, I wanted to tell people to stop whinghing to you support guys all the time. But the update is very much appreciated Smiley

N/A

RE: Read and RespondREPLY

>
> However, from where Im sitting, the problem with F9 is not Themselves. Its a number of users apparently trying to make life difficult for them.
>
> In my opinion, the point of these forums is to report your problems, in a constructive way. Pointingh out the areas that we, the users, would like improved.
>
> F9 are a company with a good reputation and provide a good affordable service. With bags of features you would normally pay extra for. They are professionals. If we report a problem, they deal with it as soon as they can. Many of the support staff post on these forums to keep us updated regularly. The way it should be done.
>
> What are not useful comments are "Sort it out F9, why is my connection so sh*te?". And people replying and saying "I agree, it is rubbish yadda yadda yadda" is not helpful.
>
> I work for a support company. Once a problem is logged it gets put in a queue and prioritised. Once in this queue, they deal with it as soon as they can. So there is no need to keep posting here going on, and on, and on about the same issue and complaining about why it isn't done. It will NOT get you anywhere.
>
> Maybe F9 should have a page on how to log an effectivce support issue. Lord knows that if many of you knew what was needed as an effective medium of getting your point across, then it would save them a lot of time, and they could use that fixing other problems.
>
> Basically my point is, if you are going to complain, do it CONSTRUCTIVELY and ONCE. They will get on the case. Remember, you are not the only customer in the world with a problem.

Hi,
I am NOT new to this game, I have many years working in I.T. and its a fact of life that users get very frustrated with software & hardware problems they are not able to sort out themselves.
Users do have feelings,get totally exasperated with I.T.problems and gliches no matter what the cause may be,no matter who's too blame. If your involved with I.T. support in any form you have to accept that people (users)winge and winge ALOT it goes with the territory of IT support so if you cannot take the heat then get out of the kitchen!!!Users do need a forum to let off the stress & stream. But I do agree that feedback should also be constructive too if at all possible,its no good winging without offering a solution.

Ivan Ratoyevsky (sys admin cyteck)

--
N/A

I think it is in peoples nature to complain (at least in England). I think the best way Force9 have of stopping people complaining is to not give them anything to complain about.
Charging people for ADSL and providing a service little better than 56K dial-up and repeating the same status update information 3 times varying only the spacing/layout is, in my eyes, something that people have a right to complain about.

If Ferrari sold a number of customers Ferrari F50's that performed like Peugeot 106's I think they might get a few complaint, even if they said (3 times) "we are looking into it and hope to have it sorted soon", and for the next week (or more) you continued to get Peugeot performance do ya think you would be happy that they were working to fix it? Remembering of course that you can no longer do all the things that you need/want to do.

I'm sure that once they get it sorted that the service will be good, but in the mean time I think it's important that they know that it's not just Joe Bloggs that is having trouble, but that it is a number of users. And which is best, me adding my name to a thread on a forum, or phoning up Force9 every few minutes to tell them it still ain't working?
N/A

If it aint working fix it = no complaining.

When theres no one complaining or "whinging" as you put it then F9 will know they are doing a good job, im sure they are trying to get it sorted as soon as possible as all these complaints will do is hurt them in the end as people wont want to join some isp that gets bad publicity from its users.

Im sure F9 need to know there are problems or how would they even know or begin to know that something is broke?

Im sure it will be great too once its fixed (well i hope so).