Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radeon 7000 IGP

cannylad
Grafter

Radeon 7000 IGP

Hi,
I have just bought a new Toshiba A60 laptop and it comes with a ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP graphics card. The trouble is even though there is an s-video connector which is TV out, I cannot get the display on the TV screen.
I have been in the properties of the card and it has a screen for this but the TV and external monitor selections are greyed out so I cannot select them.
I have a Radeon in my PC and have never had any problems, so any one got any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks
Tynesider
5 REPLIES
N/A

S-Video & Graphics card.

Hello Again Tynsider,

I have a feeling that with graphics cards that offer S-Video out i.e. output to a TV screen you do have to have the correct type of cable to connect card to TV input socket. And I seem to remember that S-Video out might require a little box of tricks to convert the video signal to make it suitable for TV input, although I'm not sure this still applies to the more recent graphics cards.

**in other words the video signal has to be modified to make it conpatible with TV technology as grapghics cards use dots or pixels where as TV screens use lines and scan at a specific frequency to form the image.

**Once you have got the correct cable plugged in perhaps the greyed out settngs might become availble?? you'll have to try to find out.

Ivan
cannylad
Grafter

Radeon 7000 IGP

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I have managed to enable the greyed out areas but I still can't get a picture on the TV screen.
I have used the same s-video cable that use for my pc but for some reason it won't display, I suppose I need to talk to someone with the same laptop to tell me what to do.

Thanks
Tynesider
N/A

Radeon 7000 IGP

Checked the manufacturers website for any updated drivers/software?
cannylad
Grafter

Radeon 7000 IGP

Hi,
Well after being on the phone to Toshiba for nearly an hour ( they were great by the way and phoned me back ) we found out the problem was the s-video lead. I was using a s-video at one end and the other I used the s-video adapter that plugs into a video in socket that Toshiba provided. I bought a s-video at both ends lead and it solved the problem.

Thanks for your help

Tynesider
N/A

Cable

Hi Tynesider,

I had a sneeky feeling this was a lead or cable problem but very glad you got a solution that now works for you thats good news, enjoy!! :-)

Ivan