cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADSL

N/A

RADSL

Hi there,

I am hopefully about to buy a house in an area that is 5km away from the local exchange. According to the F9 ADSL pages, RADSL, is available up to 5.5km from the exchange. Does this cost any different from the standard ADSL home packages that F9 offer? If purchased, does RADSL need to be specified or does BT automatically use this technology rather then just ADSL?

Thanks for help or advised that it provided.

Ian
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: RADSL

Ian

Don't be mislead by all the sales junk. I did read some bad reviews about F9 before I joined but I never thought the support would be as bad as it is. These people will always give you the excuse that if ADSL doesn't work then you can use the "free" dialup service. Which of course defeats the object of having them in the first place.

After joining my next regret is actually giving referrals. Never again.

Rgds

/pgr
N/A

Well I'm very happy with the service F9 provide. Yes, there has been some problems with the Connect access due to high demand at peak times but it appears to have been sorted out. Normally it is a fast and reliable connection to use. Whenever I have had to contact support I normally get a fairly speedy response. From what I have read, quite a few ADSL problems have been due to BT equipment and nothing to do with F9's network.

If I cannot get ADSL I will have to leave F9 and go to a cable provider which I don't really want to do. Therefore I wanted to find out if the RADSL service is the same price. I assume that the cost would be the same, it's just a technology between the house and the exchangeHuh?

Ian

> Ian
>
> Don't be mislead by all the sales junk. I did read some bad reviews about F9 before I joined but I never thought the support would be as bad as it is. These people will always give you the excuse that if ADSL doesn't work then you can use the "free" dialup service. Which of course defeats the object of having them in the first place.
>
> After joining my next regret is actually giving referrals. Never again.
>
> Rgds
>
> /pgr

N/A

> Hi there,
>
> I am hopefully about to buy a house in an area that is 5km away from the local exchange. According to the F9 ADSL pages, RADSL, is available up to 5.5km from the exchange. Does this cost any different from the standard ADSL home packages that F9 offer? If purchased, does RADSL need to be specified or does BT automatically use this technology rather then just ADSL?
>
> Thanks for help or advised that it provided.
>
> Ian

Hi Ian,
If I was in your situation then it would be BT I would talk to first. I have a feeling that RADSL is produced by using a slightly different line card at the BT exchange end of the connection. But I would also be abit concerned because at 5Km your very close to the distance limitations of RADSL. Also it would be very important to check with BT that your local exchange is both ADSL & RADSL enabled. As far as broadband equipment/devices goes I think it's no difference from the normal ADSL modems or routers.

N/A

Hi Ian,

RADSL is provided by BT as standard on all orders which are placed that need it - You don't need to select anything different during signup and the process from your point of view is transparent. The only difference you may see on this service is that your upload speed may be lower than the theoretical maximum - This is not a problem for most people.

The only true way to truly test whether your line can support ADSL is to order it and see. The BT engineer who goes to the exchange to instll ADSL will have the final say about your line quality, as it is this, rather than the physical distance which actually has a bearing on your lines ability to support ADSL. In the event that the order does fail we will issue an immediate refund of all payments made.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
F9 Customer Support
N/A

> Hi Ian,
>
> RADSL is provided by BT as standard on all orders which are placed that need it - You don't need to select anything different during signup and the process from your point of view is transparent. The only difference you may see on this service is that your upload speed may be lower than the theoretical maximum - This is not a problem for most people.
>
> The only true way to truly test whether your line can support ADSL is to order it and see. The BT engineer who goes to the exchange to instll ADSL will have the final say about your line quality, as it is this, rather than the physical distance which actually has a bearing on your lines ability to support ADSL. In the event that the order does fail we will issue an immediate refund of all payments made.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> F9 Customer Support

------------------------------------------
Hey people,
I live on the very edge of the 5.5km distance limit, and was rejected due to line quality.
I was so cheesed off!
So i spoke to a few friends. and found out that a few people have had 2nd lines installed are accepted for ADSL on that line, this is because the lines generally don't have extensions and multiple phones plugged in!
So i disconnected all phones but one, which was connected to the 1st point where the line enters the house.
So i would suggest that when you sign up for ADSL you do what i did and unplug all phones but that 1st one!
My line passed and have enjoyed excellent ADSL from F9.
P.S i plugged the phones back in later but installed the router near the 1st phone point and have a network cable running to my Hub. (network cables are much less prone to data loss as that's what they are designed for.

Thanks. Paul Winter