cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzle

N/A

Puzzle

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Puzzle

lol

I must admit, that is jolly good - but I wont say what I saw, as it will spoil fun for PN's community. If you look at this, it mimics robynfali's post. So I say what I saw through this post Tongue
N/A

Puzzle

This is good - a bit tricky to work out. Uncommonly good though.
I think I got a solution to it - I can't wait to find out it I am right.
Did you think of it on your own? It is hard to think of ways to put words in, in such a way, so that such a thing occurs. Most unusual.
N/A

Puzzle

i like your puzzle, took me a while though
shellsong
Grafter

Puzzle

My wife got it before I'd finished reading it out-- some people are too clever for their own good! Wink
Community Veteran

Puzzle

Thats a good one!
vic_newey
Grafter

Puzzle

Doh ! am I thick or what Shockedops:
N/A

Puzzle

@vicnewey
Erm I'm confused... did you mean your post to be a clue similar to phearfactor and my own post? Or are you actually confused?

Read the first three again, they are all similar....
Or highlight the text in the quote box for another clue/spolier.
Look closely at the last letter of seventhstars post for another clue. Then re-read the first three posts carefully
N/A

Puzzle

ok, the answer is

The letter "e," which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear once in the text of the long paragraph. Nor did the letter "e" appear even once among the over 50,000 words of text in the novel "Gadsby: Champion of Youth" by Ernest Vincent Wright.
shellsong
Grafter

Puzzle

I seem to remember a SciFi story by someone like Ray Bradbury where gradually letters disappeared as the story progressed-- started with something not quite right and slowly but surely turned into chaos! :lol:

I'm not sure how many letters disappeared before the author was really having to scrape the barrel for words to use