cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzle

N/A

Puzzle

A man wanted to get into a members only club. But because he couldn't become a member, the man hid and watched as the guard at the door of the club house said a number to each member as they approached. The member would respond with a number of their own. If the member responded with the correct number they were let in; if they responded incorrectly, they were thrown out.

One member came up to the guard. The guard said twelve, and the member responded with six and was let in. Another member came to the door. The guard said six, and the member responded with three and was let in.

Believing he had heard enough, the reject went up to the guard. The guard said ten, and the reject said five but was not let in.

What should the reject have said and why?
8 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Puzzle

Sounds a bit like Pn where you have to guess the allowed usage Tongue

How about four?
N/A

Puzzle

nope!
Alecto
Grafter

Puzzle

Sorry, I meant three. I was looking at "five " when I typed my answer! Tongue
N/A

Puzzle

3 - The number of letters in the word.

How damned long did I spend thinking of mathimatical equasions to work it out, only to spot it by chance. :roll:
N/A

Puzzle

yip, well done!
Community Veteran

Puzzle

3 - The number of letters in the word.

How damned long did I spend thinking of mathimatical equasions to work it out, only to spot it by chance. :roll:

Do you mean spotted by google? Tongue Tongue :lol:

P.S. Don't try denying it..........you been busted and ya know it!!! heh. Smiley
N/A

Puzzle

Actualy, no.

However, I will admit I was heading for google when it hit me Tongue
Community Veteran

Puzzle

Really! :roll: Ok, well done then m8 Wink Smiley