cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DG834G Wireless ADSL Router

N/A

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of getting a DG834G working?

My ADSL link is fine as my Binatone USB modem works without
a problem, but my new DG834G does not detect the line. Have
tested with cables & filters used on USB modem, but still no joy...
Even had replacement DG834G in case original was faulty.

Gary.
5 REPLIES
N/A

I suggest you take a look through the ADSL forum on the PlusNet Portal, which is much busier than this one. A good starting topic might be DG834 setup. (You can use the guest account to log on.)

If you don't find anything useful there, post back here, and we'll try to get you sorted out.
N/A

I had a DG834 router come today as I want to connect the home LAN to our single ADSL line.

I had some trouble setting that up, despite tthe fact I'm certainly IT competant when it comes to new things, such as routers etc.

I did what it said in the manual and it just didn't want to play ball, so I plugged my Alcatel modem back in, ensured I had 'net connectivity, made a note of the line settings that the modem said I had, went back to the Netgear, still no go.

In the end I resetted the router, plugged it into the LAN FIRST, then set anything to do with the LAN that I needed - then let it do an 'auto-detect' on my DSL settings... strangely enough it got it all right second-time around, now it's sat here working great.

On a different topic, does anyone know of possibilities to get faster net access, as I can't get the 1Mb or 2Mb services - am on the lowest contention ratio available - is there some new technology in the pipeline for people like us?
N/A

Still no joy

Hi,

Haven't bothered with this device for months until today. I've loaded the latest Netgear firmware in the vain hope I could get it to work. Still no joy. Plugged into main phone socket, but can't detect ADSL. Have tried using wizard and manual setup but no joy... Help.

Gary..
N/A

I've been using the 834DG for over a year. It's performed well, straight out of the box, which I suspect is not what you want to hear ...

I have had to call netgear support over wireless channel issues though - they were very good and fixed it frst time round. Beware they are in Chennai (Madras) and the sing song english can be a little hard to follow, but they do know their stuff.
They are also very patient and will stay on the line whilst they talk you through the things to try.

It might also be that your 834 is a goner - if netgear tech support can't fix it, might be worth trying to get it swapped.

They also have a helpful forum - might be worth visiting...

http://forum1.netgear.com/support/

regards

ChrisH
N/A

I've already had a replacement, so it's unlikely 2 are faulty, though not impossible I guess.

My Binatone USB modem works fine...

Gary.