cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Praise for F9 !!

N/A

Praise for F9 !!

I thought it might make a change to post a success story onto this board for a change...
I ordered my self-install ADSL just over a week ago and exactly 10 days later, it's up and running with no problems at all. In fact things couldn't have gone smoother. I ordered my hardware from dabs which arrived this morning at about 10am, so I plugged everything in and set up the router as far as I could. At about 1pm the ADSL connection went live and it's been great ever since.

Well done F9.

A note to anyone who might pop into this forum and see all the horror stories.. people are more willing to complain than praise, so for every disgruntled user, there are several more who are happy as larry.

Regards, Neil.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Praise for F9 !!

> I thought it might make a change to post a success story onto this board for a change...
> I ordered my self-install ADSL just over a week ago and exactly 10 days later, it's up and running with no problems at all. In fact things couldn't have gone smoother. I ordered my hardware from dabs which arrived this morning at about 10am, so I plugged everything in and set up the router as far as I could. At about 1pm the ADSL connection went live and it's been great ever since.
>
> Well done F9.
>
> A note to anyone who might pop into this forum and see all the horror stories.. people are more willing to complain than praise, so for every disgruntled user, there are several more who are happy as larry.
>
> Regards, Neil.

Hi Neil

I have had a number of problems since I installed my ADSL but I think much of it was to do with my own kit. F9 have had their problems but they have always kept us informed of what is going on. So I dont have any complaints and am more than happy with the service I get from them.
cannylad
Grafter

Hi,
Yes mate but the reason you are so happy with your connection is because we poor sods had to put up with all the slow and failing connections until F9 decided to do something about it.
We haven't been complaining about nothing, however since F9 decided to give me a good connection speed a few weeks ago I've had no further cause to complain ...so fingers crossed it stays this way.
Cheers
Eric
--
N/A

> I thought it might make a change to post a success story onto this board for a change...
> I ordered my self-install ADSL just over a week ago and exactly 10 days later, it's up and running with no problems at all. In fact things couldn't have gone smoother. I ordered my hardware from dabs which arrived this morning at about 10am, so I plugged everything in and set up the router as far as I could. At about 1pm the ADSL connection went live and it's been great ever since.
>
> Well done F9.
>
> A note to anyone who might pop into this forum and see all the horror stories.. people are more willing to complain than praise, so for every disgruntled user, there are several more who are happy as larry.
>
> Regards, Neil.

Hi Neil
what u say is right and have been thinking of changing to adsl BUt...
would u be kind enough to post what u are useing as regards hardware adsl modem this would benefit me and probably others...thanks

regards
terry
N/A

RE: Praise for F9 !!COMMENT TO TERRY

> > I thought it might make a change to post a success story onto this board for a change...
> > I ordered my self-install ADSL just over a week ago and exactly 10 days later, it's up and running with no problems at all. In fact things couldn't have gone smoother. I ordered my hardware from dabs which arrived this morning at about 10am, so I plugged everything in and set up the router as far as I could. At about 1pm the ADSL connection went live and it's been great ever since.
> >
> > Well done F9.
> >
> > A note to anyone who might pop into this forum and see all the horror stories.. people are more willing to complain than praise, so for every disgruntled user, there are several more who are happy as larry.
> >
> > Regards, Neil.
>
> Hi Neil
> what u say is right and have been thinking of changing to adsl BUt...
> would u be kind enough to post what u are useing as regards hardware adsl modem this would benefit me and probably others...thanks
>
> regards
> terry

Hi Terry,
I hope you wont mind me commenting/responding you your previous comments. I have been with F9 for nearly five years now,most of that on a dial-up bronze acount until I upgraded recntly some four or five months ago to broadband. Here is what I am using for your information and I can highly recommend this combination as its extremely stable.

OS=WindowsXP Pro
D-LINK DSL200 (ADSL,USB)Modem with the latest win2K/XP Drivers (which are very straight forwards to install) and the modem is well documented.I use the D-Link MF20 Microfilter connected to the BT wallbox.

Apart from having to ask BT to balance my phone line to reduce line noise & the recent F9 outages which have all been sorted out. My ADSL connection is working extremely well.

Ivan

--
N/A

> > I thought it might make a change to post a success story onto this board for a change...
> > I ordered my self-install ADSL just over a week ago and exactly 10 days later, it's up and running with no problems at all. In fact things couldn't have gone smoother. I ordered my hardware from dabs which arrived this morning at about 10am, so I plugged everything in and set up the router as far as I could. At about 1pm the ADSL connection went live and it's been great ever since.
> >
> > Well done F9.
> >
> > A note to anyone who might pop into this forum and see all the horror stories.. people are more willing to complain than praise, so for every disgruntled user, there are several more who are happy as larry.
> >
> > Regards, Neil.
>
> Hi Neil
> what u say is right and have been thinking of changing to adsl BUt...
> would u be kind enough to post what u are useing as regards hardware adsl modem this would benefit me and probably others...thanks
>
> regards
> terry

N/A

>
> regards
> terry

Hi Terry,

I'm using a 4-port ADSL router and microfilters that I bought from Dabs. Both items are branded as Dabsvalue, but the ADSL Modem/Router is one of the generic Conexant types (see http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q1/amx-ca61e.asp and Dabs Quicklink 17P8WS) My particular model is a PTI version. It has USB connection as well as Ethernet and you don't have to use a microfilter, it plugs straight into the BT phone socket. I had to upgrade the firmware to get the USB port working (only until I could get a CAT5 cable), but it's been fine since.
The microfilters are standard types aswell I assume (Dabs Quicklink 2876WS) and they've been no problem either.
As you can probably tell, this was all set up on somewhat of a budget, so if you can afford to go for better equipment, have a look at the AdslGuide website and see whats recommended.

Cannylad,
I suppose I didn't word my message very well. Anyone who isn't receiving the service they expect should obviously complain, no question. It's not as though you're getting this free is it !!
What I was trying to say, was that at first sight, the messages in the forum paint a very bleak picture of F9's ADSL service. Hey, it almost put me off upgrading !
But then I had to take into account the fact that people tend to complain more easily (and understandably) than they give praise.
If i'm not getting the service I expect, you'll be sure to see me in here with a bloody big stick in my hand !

Cheers, Neil

Ignore above post, don't know what went wrong there.
N/A

> > would u be kind enough to post what u are useing as regards hardware adsl modem this would benefit me and probably others...thanks
> >
> > regards
> > terry
>
> Hi Terry,
>
> I'm using a 4-port ADSL router and microfilters that I bought from Dabs. Both items are branded as Dabsvalue, but the ADSL Modem/Router is one of the generic Conexant types (see http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q1/amx-ca61e.asp and Dabs Quicklink 17P8WS) My particular model is a PTI version. It has USB connection as well as Ethernet and you don't have to use a microfilter, it plugs straight into the BT phone socket. I had to upgrade the firmware to get the USB port working (only until I could get a CAT5 cable), but it's been fine since.
> The microfilters are standard types aswell I assume (Dabs Quicklink 2876WS) and they've been no problem either.
> As you can probably tell, this was all set up on somewhat of a budget, so if you can afford to go for better equipment, have a look at the AdslGuide website and see whats recommended.
>
> Cannylad,
> I suppose I didn't word my message very well. Anyone who isn't receiving the service they expect should obviously complain, no question. It's not as though you're getting this free is it !!
> What I was trying to say, was that at first sight, the messages in the forum paint a very bleak picture of F9's ADSL service. Hey, it almost put me off upgrading !
> But then I had to take into account the fact that people tend to complain more easily (and understandably) than they give praise.
> If i'm not getting the service I expect, you'll be sure to see me in here with a bloody big stick in my hand !
>
> Cheers, Neil
>
> Ignore above post, don't know what went wrong there.

Neil & Ivan
thanks its very usefull to know what people use as it is very usefull to get independent opinion

Thanks gents