cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poxy new CCGI server

N/A

Poxy new CCGI server

What is STILL being tweaked about with on with on the new server? Scripts which I left running on my friend's site Tuesday night, I have come home to find do not work any more with the following error message:

CGI System Error: Script Execution Failed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system encountered an error while attempting to execute this script:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Information and Documentation:

CGI System Docs: /usr/doc/cgi

Server Data:

Server Administrator/Contact: support@force9.net
Server Port: 80
Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1
Virtual Host: ccgi.username.force9.co.uk

Request Data:

User Agent/Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Request Method: GET
Remote Address: 84.92.230.42
Remote Port: 2150

What the bl**dy hell are F9 playing at? Why when they tweak can't they inform users of the potential effects it will have? I am rapidly started to wish I had never recommended my friend to use the F9 cgi space as this is a headache I could well do without at the moment.

Mark
3 REPLIES
N/A

Poxy new CCGI server

God, there is something so stupid about this server. I removed all permissions from the file and then set it to 700. Hey, the script ran. I slowly added permissions back until I got to 755 which was set to originally and the script is running. Only problem now is that the text files holding the information cannot be written to or have text removed from them. When will this ever be sorted out properlyHuh :twisted:

Mark
N/A

Poxy new CCGI server

From the announcement email which Force9 sent:
Following our earlier email and announcements, Force9's new CGI platform is now available, offering a more stable service and improved file permission security.

Ha!
N/A

Poxy new CCGI server

No email on my friend's account to inform of that. Humph!