cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerball Gyroscope - Boys Toy

N/A

http://www.powerballs.com/

Just wondering if anyone on here owns one of these little gadgets?

I come across one when browsing on Play.com and couldnt resist buying one lol.
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=rts&page=title&r=GADG&title=174948

Probably best thing I have bought on impulse all my life heh.

Check it out in action if you dont have one already.

It is a proper boys toy but must admit its not actually all that bad, pretty easy to get the hang of and in my very unactive geeky life its the only exercise I get lol :lol:

I havent bothered posting on the main Powerball forums as most of those guys seem way to hardcore for me (12 hours a day training lmao) although it would be cool to have a PlusNet Powerball Fest if there is a few other powerballers our there!

Thanks for reading the post.
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hmmm! :shock: Never heard of it b4!

My Sister had a bad break to her wrist - Radius, Distal Fracture-, do you think this would be good therapeutic exercise for her :?:

How much did you pay?
Community Veteran

N/A

I think one of its selling points is that it is therapeutic for some injuries Smiley
madswitcher
Grafter

But what does it do and how?

Regards, Mike
Community Veteran

Well yer, I saw that blurb in the link you gave, which is why I asked you, because I rarely take "sales blurb" at face value.
Or in other words, I would like your opinion! Smiley

Oh, and thx chilly, but phear only stated "play.com" was where he saw the gadget, (he may well have bought it there, but he didn't actualy say) and I was interested if he had found it somewhere cheaper. Wink
N/A

Well it has made every muscle in my arm hurt like hell and my wrist and fingers have also felt pretty wrecked after using it for too long. Now if it can cause as much pain in my arm as weightlifting can I guess its doing something right.

I think it would most definatly help seventhstar. Personally I am using it mainly in my left hand as I am right handed, reason obviously because my left arm is a hell of a lot weaker than my right. I think it offers the same effects as weightlifting would just without the boredom. Although it only exerts as much pressure as you can get it up to, (the faster the gyro spins the more pressure it exerts) unlike a dumbell where you can just choose the weight.

I have done some weights in the past and usually I stop because I am bored or my arm is killing me. Also it costs a fortune for a gym membership. So the Powerball is a hell of a lot more conveniant although I wasnt just using the gym for my arms. Of course a gym would be better but for the price of a PB I cant believe what it does lol

I sound like a salesman heh. I definatly recommend it thats for sure, I mean if your already buffed up there is no point in buying it for muscle building although it may help to maintain your current physique. Its definatly for the more competitive flabby armed person like myself, I cant spin it that fast but I have felt the effects of over-exercise from it lol

And yes I did buy it from Play as I was buying other junk from there aswell so it was an impulse buy heh. Its pretty hard to explain what it does and I definatly dont know how Hastings, all I can say is that its a gyro, a thing that spins. Holding it in your hand is easy but when its spinning the faster it goes the harder it is too hold. Dont be worried about dropping it as soon as you stop moving your hand in circles it will slow down dramatically, it will only spin as fast as you can spin it upto so its pretty safe.

Generally its a ball that spins so fast it makes your muscles feel like they have been doing a hard days labour, when in actual fact your just watching pretty blue lights spin around :lol:
Community Veteran

Ah! Right.
So I guess for my Sister - she could spin it up in her left hand to a reasonable speed, then swap hands and give her (recovering) wrist some good excercise.
I'm gonna get her one!! Smiley Obviously I will try it myself and see what I think first.

Thanks for that phearfactor, much appreciated. Wink
N/A

I'm convinced and I've just ordered mine.

I wonder if it would make a good drinking game? Throw the ball to the next person who then has to catch it. If he/she fails they have to drink a shot of vodka, and so on 'till the person who is left standing wins! Wink

I'll let you know when I introduce it at the next poker session; I may even win for once. Wink
Brickinit
Grafter

it seems to me it's all in the wrist action not normally a girls activity, well sometimes maybe Wink
N/A

it seems to me it's all in the wrist action not normally a girls activity, well sometimes maybe Wink

dont know what type of girls u know Shockedops:
N/A

I wonder if it would make a good drinking game? Throw the ball to the next person who then has to catch it.

Actually believe it or not but a similar game is described in the manual that accompanies the PB. Not sure exactly what it said but it was something like "passing it to a friend when you have it at full speed to see if they are strong enough to control it". There is no way my girlfriend could hold it at 10,000RPM not that she would even try to, the noise is enough to scare her lol (it sounds like an F1 car when you get it above about 6000-7000RPM).

Definatly worth the money, even if you use it only once or twice a week its something cool you will always go back to when your bored. Good talking point with friends, would probably make a good ice-breaker aswell if your an unsocialable person like myself lmao :lol:
Brickinit
Grafter

dont know what type of girls u know

or would like to :shock:
N/A

I've found another strange tool that seems to be a fun way to work out, but instead of your wrists and forearms it seems to do more work on your biceps and your chest muscles.

They call it a HandyTrim... Once its arrived I will post again and tell you all if its any good. If anyone else wants to impulse buy one they can do so from the link below:

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT013639/Handytrim.htm&q=handytrim&s=global

The reason I bought it from here is because you get a free Reebok Digital Pedometer lol.

Anyway, hopefully it will be as good as the PB.
shellsong
Grafter

Hey phearfactor, didn't you have one of those when you were a kid? I know I did and so did my son-- some were designed to make a whistling noise that went to a higher and higher pitch the faster you got them spinning!

As far as the PowerBall goes mine doesn't very well! I don't know whether it's faulty or I am :lol: