cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of a discussion forum

N/A

I want to put a discussion forum on my website to get more visits. How do I do this? I need it explained in clear simple to follow instructions as I am not a technie.

Thanks in advance.

Sandy Jack
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

A lot of our customers use phpBB, including myself. It's pretty easy to set up and use.

Have a look at the following to start off

http://usertools.free-online.net/tutorials/id/16
N/A

Dave

I have just discovered this info on Free-Online and working my way through it so I can put a discussion forum on my site without calling in an expert.

Regards
Sandra
N/A

Sandra,

I have used various forums, if u need any help just contact me and i'd be happy to help you out if you get stuck.

Platty
N/A

fFOrum

Platty - thanks - I just want a simple forum and looking at the technical jargon it seems like it will take me weeks - is this correct?

Sandy Jack
N/A

Sandra,

It depends on what your after and what sort of webspace you have, if you have PHP/CGI and mysql up and running ( you may get this with your free-online account depending on which one you picked) phpbb is a very simple Forum to install, I installed this one to show you in under 10 minutes.

http://cgi.platty.free-online.co.uk/phpBB2/

step 1 Upload
step 2 goto install page in web browser
step 3 input information your asked for i.e. username and password
step 4 use forum

it really is that easy, obviuosly a bit more detalied than that but easy.

as Dave said lots of people use it, it's the first one I used and beleive me I didn't have a clue what i was doing and I set it up in no time.

If you have any problems just reply on here or mail me using the link below

Platty
N/A

Platty

Thanks - it looks really impressive. Perhaps I can do this after all!

Regards
Sandra
N/A

The tutorial, Dave mentioned earlier is easy to follow, and it's what I used to get my forum up and running on my Plus Net account.