cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports blocked on CGI servers?

N/A

Does anybody know what ports are blocked on the cgi servers, I have been developing a php based Game Server Browser that works on my local test webserver and also works here http://c-22.org/phpInfMon/ but it does not work on my F9 account Sad.

I just get Connection failed errors!
6 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using UDP? I seem to remember someone (one of the people with inside knowledge over on the PlusNet forum) once saying quite a lot of UDP traffic is blocked.
N/A

yeah, most games work via uDP
N/A

I think I've found the topic I had in mind -- it's Question Regarding Game Server Querying over on the PlusNet forums. (You can use the guest account to log on if necessary.)

The answer wasn't really satisfactory (even somewhat contradictory: "the essential UDP traffic is being blocked" :!: ) -- perhaps I should press for a better explanation?
N/A

The answer wasn't really satisfactory (even somewhat contradictory: "the essential UDP traffic is being blocked" :!: ) -- perhaps I should press for a better explanation?
Perhaps you should double check what you quote first. The actual quote from Philip in that thread is "all but the essential UDP traffic is being blocked (ie, DNS is ok)"...

I would also guess UDP is being blocked because of the high amount of un-neccessary traffic that it can generate.
N/A

Oh dear, what a blunder!

The strange thing is I did scan it -- several times -- looking for "the essential UDP traffic is not being blocked", seeing only "the essential UDP traffic is being blocked", and missing the "all but" in front which resulting in my getting it badly wrong. One of those weird mental aberrations, I'm afraid, where you can't see what's right in front of you.

I'm sorry to have wrongly criticised the post concerned, which actually isn't contradictory at all, if read correctly.
N/A

Thanks for that.....damn Sad

and it works so well too. Wink Wink