Did you mean: 

Pope John Paul Dies

Community Veteran

Pope John Paul Dies

As requested.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

No I am not religous or anything, but it is a sad moment for such a great loss to the world,

Source
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

I happened to be watching the news when they announced it. It is a sad moment, but I know he will be remember for all his achivements and what he did while he was pope.
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

but I know he will be remember for all his achivements and what he did while he was pope.

Such as what?
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

PaulWade, for many people this is a very sad day/moment, I feel you could show some sensitivity to other people’s feeling and beliefs.
Metalguru
Grafter

Pope John Paul Dies

gadgetboy wrote:

but I know he will be remember for all his achivements and what he did while he was pope.

Paulwade replied

Such as what?

Well, for starters ....... I think he speeded up the change in communist controlled Eastern Europe.
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

I was in ireland when this all started and on friday evening a news flash from RTE reported he had died at 20:20 on friday evening. We turned over to BBC news 24 to find he was still alive. Miracle?
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

Well, for starters ....... I think he speeded up the change in communist controlled Eastern Europe.

So do a lot of people, but I have yet to hear just how. Recent history seems to be a bit thin on this claim.
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

I put this up, just as a little tribute towards a great man, not for it to turn into another petty little squabble on the board, I should have known better I guess lol..

Seeing as I am the OP can a mod please lock this one! before it turns into another topic of flames
N/A

Pope John Paul Dies

I am not religious myself, my wife is Catholic and my family have religious beliefs.
I would like to retort to Pauls question.

He has helped to unite churches/ faithes.

As a religious leader he has attained the respect of a lot of world leaders. Through meeting the Pope, gorbachov lifted the ban on the practice of the religion in the then USSR.

He has helped spread aid throughout africa( even though I agree that his view on contraception has not helped them).

As I said I am not religious but I remember growing up knowing of him and have also seen that man in rome, and believe that he carried a dignity and presence that many fail to acheive.

James