cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance Friday night/Saturday morning

N/A

Poor performance Friday night/Saturday morning

I have been suffering poor performance from 23:15 on 20/06/03 to 01:30 on 21/06/03, such that I have to disconnect and close the modem connection...
Any reason why performance is so poor tonight?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Poor Performance

Hi,
Whilst I dont condone poor quality connectivity, I think any user wheather on a dialup modem or a wizzy ADSL connection needs to fully appreciate the nature of the technology involved and this includes its limitations as well.

There are a large number of reasons for slow or poor quality data connections, the variables are such as time of day, the data terminal equipment used (modem or router or usb modem,etc), the operating system used on the computer concerned, bottle necks in the internet (BT's data pipes), internet routers, contention (how many other users you are sharing the data space with) and so forth. Problems on the internet can be local or beyond UK shores this can affect data qualities too.

So you see your problem might not have had anything specific too do with you personally.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Re: Poor performance Friday night/Saturday morning

I have been suffering poor performance from 23:15 on 20/06/03 to 01:30 on 21/06/03, such that I have to disconnect and close the modem connection...
Any reason why performance is so poor tonight?

Hi there,

With issues like this, we'd appreciate if you give us some examples of the speed issues such as traceroutes to internal and external sites. If you can paste them into a ticket or here then we'll be glad to help...