cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnetters

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Plusnetters

Noticed PlusNetters forums hasn't been getting many posts recently (says someone who hasn't posted or regsitered .. though I do read it!).

However browsing to it now we get:
The domain plusnetters.co.uk is now active, but a website has not yet been configured here. If you are the account holder, your account is now ready for you to upload your files. To use FTP, logon to ftp.plusnetters.co.uk with plusnetters.co.uk as your username and your helm password. Remember to upload to the wwwroot directory.

Is it dead, or just undergoing changes?

Who maintains it now anyway?
15 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnetters

I believe that the server belongs to Liam (lmartin), and Daniel (no7olivier) runs the site.

It was there the other day... so who knows.... ?
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

That's pretty much right.

It was there last time I checked, which would only have been a couple of days ago. I've not had much time recently to do anything with the site. But I know I definately haven't deleted anything.

I can't seem to get into it via FTP either...
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Apparently Liam did some 'configuration' changes to the box which has unexpectedly messed up some hosted sites. He said he will look at it tomorrow eve.
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

It was actually working early-ish yesterday then I noticed a little bit later it had died.

Yep looks like the box is messed up somewhat, hopefully Liam will get round to fixing it soon then.
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

PlusNetters should be back up and running shortly, but in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions on what they would like to see from it / what would make them visit / take part / visit / take part more often?
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Daniel/Liam,

Any update on this?

I think it would be good to have it up and running in light of the current spam issue - given that some of the affected may be ex-customers and no longer able to post here (well except the free forum).

Don't know if you agree, but I'd imagine the forum would be busy again if it was Smiley

(And I can cope with phpBB, unlike the crap they use on TBB).
N/A

Plusnetters

PUG forums are still available to ex-customers.
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Daniel/Liam,

Any update on this?

I think it would be good to have it up and running in light of the current spam issue - given that some of the affected may be ex-customers and no longer able to post here (well except the free forum).

Don't know if you agree, but I'd imagine the forum would be busy again if it was Smiley

(And I can cope with phpBB, unlike the <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> they use on TBB).

http://www.plusnetters.org/forums Wink

Thanks for the poke I'll try and get hold of Liam to sort the .co.uk domain out Smiley

Also I'm trying to set up a wiki that can be used to collate any useful information (generally, not just on the spam - although that's what's prompted the idea), I wouldn't mind a bit of help with it once I've got the software up and running.
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Cool - didn't know you had a .org Smiley

We use Wiki internally at work and I sit next to someone who knows about it, so let me know if you need any help.
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Right I have the wiki software setup (finally), now to get some content in. All help will be gladly welcomed Tongue

http://plusnetters.org.uk/wiki/
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

mmmh.

Getting sever not found for those Pnetters links Dan.

You still having problems pal?
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Both the forum and Wiki links work fine for me.

Are you having problems Mark Wink
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Not now.

Working fine now.

Maybe the gremlins struck Smiley

Edit. Strike that. Wiki is loading, but now I'm getting the parent directory when calling the home page url.

Perhaps Dan is doing a bit of work.
Community Veteran

Plusnetters

Perhaps Dan is doing a bit of work.

More I've forgotten to put the redirect to the portal back Shockedops: