cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet sell (us) out to BT... shareholders 1; members 0

N/A

IMHO, today is a very sad day - PlusNet has sold its members down the river while its shareholders laugh all the way to the bank...

And they call the UK telecomms market a free market! Hah!

I suspect I'm not alone in having persuaded family, friends, colleagues, businesses, etc., to switch to PlusNet/Force9 in the past, following intolerance to the usual pricing/service issues with BT. Now we are all back to where we started...

'Tis a slippery slope we suddenly all find ourselves on again... after we all thought we'd found a safe, reasonably reliable haven. I feel betrayed, and very unconvinced by Neil Armstrong's promise that it'll be business as usual. Watch this space? Hmmm, I'll give that some thought.

Time for a poll...

Yours in mourning...

TrevH
3 REPLIES
N/A

Members?

Customers you mean!

Just because the shareholders have changed, it doesn't all mean bad news. Think of the resources available to PN now!

OK lots of folks are cynical, and I have my moments, but you have to ask why BT bought the shares, and why for so much money?

They have to see something in PN thats worth more than the customer base, and they aren't about to rip apart the jewels they have [almost] just purchased.
N/A

Any change in management can only be a good thing. No-body else notice that this ISP is blatenlty crap for anything other than email and MSN?

After getting annoyed with my FTP connection dropping constantly i installed an FTP like program using protocol encryption on my server....soooo much better without PlusNets traffic "management" getting in the way, which is incidentally their way of selling you 1Mb broadband and calling it 8Mb.
shellsong
Grafter

No-body else notice that this ISP is blatenlty <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> for anything other than email and MSN?

You mean it's OK for email? Tongue