cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Stock Exchange Shocker!

N/A

Got this in my daily tips alert email:

"PlusNet plunged yesterday following Carphone Warehouse's announcement of 'free' broadband. This hasn't suddenly turned PlusNet uinto a bad company, but market sentiment is against the firm, and the Telegraph recommends selling the stock."

Good old market sentiment - take the hint +Net - make your customers happy or the shareholders will screw you bust (I guess...) :shock:
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi.
Your alert didn't happen to mention if any other ISPs shares dropped did it? The paragraph you posted seems to suggest that it was due to CPW offering supposedly cheap broadband that made the shares dip, nothing to do with customer sentiments.
Cheers
Jon
N/A

Full article:

"The longer the bull market in metals continues, the greater the pressure to get out of firms like Vedanta. The miner is a growth stock with an appropriately low dividend, but the Times feels it's time to take profits.

PlusNet plunged yesterday following Carphone Warehouse's announcement of 'free' broadband. This hasn't suddenly turned PlusNet uinto a bad company, but market sentiment is against the firm, and the Telegraph recommends selling the stock.

St Ives looks like an attractive bid target, and the Independent feels that even without the possibility of a takeover, the stock is cheap, and should be bought. However, the Telegraph feels the printing market is not one to buy into, and says hold only.

Drax Power is benefitting from soaring energy prices, and the Times feels that Drax is one of the safer stocks in the sector, and says buy.

Bioquell MRSA-busting technology is strong, but the Independent says they don't have the orders to justify their share price. Best avoided for now. "

None of these are ISPs or comms companies. Plusnet share price was £4 a month ago - it's now 280pence!

BT dropped a bit over the same period but then how many of the other providers are listed? Losing that much may make +Net a takeover target themselves - we can hope!

CPW has seen good steady growth over a prolonged period. Wanadoo are French public owned I believe. The market in general is misbehaving but losing 25% of market cap. is definitely bad news with a fast disappearing customer loyalty base.

Santos
N/A

... is definitely bad news with a fast disappearing customer loyalty base.

I wouldn't bet on this being the case. Reading AG forums you will see that is the same few people doing most of the moaning, backed up by the same few people who have migrated away and take every chance they can to let it be known.
Cheers
Jon
N/A

I'm not betting.

Very fickle are these markets - market darlings one day, market muppets the next.