Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Shares up 6p - wonder why

FireStorm
Grafter

Somthings moving at PlusNet

My shares have risen 6p each today thats 2.2% ... thats a big rise for an ISP i wonder whats going on.
22 REPLIES
N/A

Nothing obvious that I can see.

It's too early to see the charts on it, and an increase seems quite normal and on par with the AIM.
channel
Grafter

Re: PlusNet Shares up 6p - wonder why

Somthings moving at PlusNet

My shares have risen 6p each today thats 2.2% ... thats a big rise for an ISP i wonder whats going on.

There are more buyers than sellers.
N/A

Channel wrote
There are more buyers than sellers.

There are other reasons, for example a predator in the offing, ora dealer is about to make a recommendation, so he/she buys shares in advance to make a nice profit. All is not always as it seems in our wonderful capatalistic state! :lol:
Community Veteran

Reading between the lines - takeover bid?
N/A

Perhaps it is Plusnetters, and they are going to change the T&Cs :lol:
Community Veteran

Not unless someone is planningsomething we don't know about...
N/A

I am now interested.
Being a complete n00b at shares and the likes I am wondering where I would buy shares if I were to wish to do so.
I have thus far been informed that legal fee's are involved due to the fact its a legal document etc etc.
N/A

Not legal fees, but there are dealing costs, so unless you buy a fair number it is not generally worthwhile. Do a search on the net, there are plenty of dealers looking for your custom. Oh, I expect the Chancellor will want his usual dibs. Wink
Alecto
Grafter

It's nearly all done without paperwork at all now.
You'll need to set up an account with somebody like Halifax Online
who are as good as anybody.
There's a buying charge of about £11.50 per transaction, if I remember, plus 1/2% stamp duty on purchases.
But I'd be wary of buying shares somebody like Plusnet if you don't know what you're doing.
N/A

Hmmm,

As easy as that hey...
I have often wondered how it all works and if I could try me hand at becoming rich that way (I know, it wont happen but one's gotta try).
So whats the current per share value now then with PN, £2.66 ? or somewhere round about there.
Alecto
Grafter

Yes, it's as easy as going broke Tongue
The Halifax site will give you share prices, or so will www.ft.com, but you'll need to register for that (quick and easy).

If you assume that you'll lose whatever you put in, you won't go far wrong.

I put a simple guide to investing in shares on the forum quite a while back if you want to search for it.
N/A

Providing I dont end up making a mistake at 03:30 in the morning when I get up and buy High and sell Low, I think I would have cracked rule No 1. , lol.

Dont know about the rest, that hardest part being the huge bank balance to buy them all in the first place.
N/A

simple maths
Buy £100 of shares
Pay £100 + £11.50 + £1.20 = £111.70
Then there are the selling costs, so your £100 need to become £120 ish.
You there fore need a 20% gain to bread even, if shares you buy are £2.66 they will need to become £3.19. Put your money into an ISA, and keep a £ back fot the lottery.
Even better buy £10,000 quids worth of premium bonds, pay with your credit card. Take up one of the free interest offers on new CC, transfer the money to that credit card, then transfer again when the free period expires. Almost bound to win. Wink
Alecto
Grafter

I assume you mean a cash ISA?
I wouldn't touch a share ISA with a long pole - they usually take 5% of your money upfront, then there are management charges every year, whether it's up or down.

Shares are long term except for idiots ande geniuses - and there are more idiots than geniuses.

Though remember the annual dividend with shares that often comes to far more than the interest you'd get on a cash account.