cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with ideas on stopping messages from Spam Abuse

N/A

I have the latest McAfee Security Center installed.
I run Incredimail on a Windows XP machine.
I have my personal page with Ipowerweb in the States and use their SMTP & POP account.
I do not use the free-online servers at all for mail and don't even have them on my email client

Problem is for the second day in a row I have got mail from "abuse@free-online.net" saying that I am spamming. Does anybody know how this is possible?

Thanks
Dusty Greggor
2 REPLIES
N/A

Well for a start Incredimail is spyware and if you do a google search on "ipowerweb" and "spyware" you'll get a few pages of interesting results.

It's no wonder you are getting hijacked.

My advice would be to get rid of all of the above - a reformat would be best as these programmes don't like to leave and use PlusNet/Free-Online for your email and hosting. If you need more than PlusNet offer be VERY careful who you sign up with - always search on Google with other keywords like "spyware" "adware" and even "quality" before you make a descision.

Rod
N/A

Dusty,

There is probably a high chance your e-mail address has been spoofed, something which there is little you can do about. I had this happen to my Hotmail account last year.