cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help my friends stay in their home!

N/A

Please sign the petition and pass on.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ecagb123/petition.html

They are being thrown out after living in the house 28 years. Please add your support.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES
N/A

This is awful, I hope they get it all sorted out swiftly.

Damn councils are useless :roll:

They have the support from the Plusnet community thats for sure!
holdtight
Grafter

I sympathise with your situation and will gladly sign your petition the councils are a law unto themselves

Its not just your council its all of them, my other halfs mother had lived in her house for over fifteen years with her daughter and son both now grown up and her sons girlfriend
she had a very rare illness (pomps disease) for a long time with a clear understanding with the council that when she died her children would be allowed to stay in the house

she died suddenly in her sleep just before last christmas and the council telephoned just two days later telling them they had to move as it was a family house and now too big for just them

I cant tell you here how disgusted i am with them without getting banned thats how strongly i feel about our council they have no decency at all and i do fully understand what your position is

I wish your friends the best of luck but do tell them to be prepared to be moved as the councils will rarely back down just like they hav`nt here

Bill.
Community Veteran

Sad Damn!

Signed.
N/A

Hi

I'm supprised at the attitude taken by the Council; I understood the following stands true:

When a tenant dies, the tenancy can be passed on to the husband or wife or partner, or any other family member who has been living with you for the last 12 months. A tenancy can only be passed on once, so if you became the tenant of your home after the death of a family member, you cannot pass it on again.

The process is termed as 'succestion', see here

Have you consulted the citizens advice bureau?

I'll sign the petition also.

edit: typo
N/A

My symapthy. Have signed the petition. I am (kind of) In a similar boat myself.

Moved back home after my father died as my mother did not wish to live alone.
Mum died and the "Housing Trust" have given myself and girlfriend the heave-ho.

To echo another posters sentiments to express my feelings about the situation candidly here would result in a ban. Probably a perma-ban Evil
shellsong
Grafter

My comment "Councils should be responsible for the entire family they house"

Gerry
N/A

Cheers for all that.

They've been in a terrible state over it all. They initially gave the girls a rent book and said that they could have the tenancy, then have done this u-turn. Makes me sick.

Thanks for signing - all support is appreciated big time!!

Jackie T
avalon
Grafter

Did they make any payments with the rent book? If so contract law may be on your side as an offer to let them stay would have been made and accepted by making payment of the rent and a binding contract may exist even without a signed tenancy agreement. Get them a consultation with a the CAB and possibly a lawyer. They may be in a better position than they think.
N/A

What's the councils side of the story ?
Surely they have given a reason.
Are thet claiming the tennants are a nuisance to others ?
Running a drug den ?
House of ill repute ?
Not sticking to the terms of the tenancy ?
Sub letting ?
Unless you tell us more, we can't really judge the situation.
N/A

So Signed.

Council round here wouldnt be able to pull this one off so why should it work anywhere else.
N/A

Can't see how it can make sense from any angle - signed.