cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not working

N/A

Phone still not working

Soon be a week without the Phone (ADSL) still working fine. BT say they do not have enough ADSL engineers to fix the proplem quickly. I need to know if this is a regular problem with BT and ADSL as I am disabled and cannot get out of the house, so rely on the phone a lot.

Does anyone else have this problem. If it is going to keep on recurring I shall have to go back to Connect Standard, as the Phone is a essential.

Shirlanne
--
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Phone still not working

> Soon be a week without the Phone (ADSL) still working fine. BT say they do not have enough ADSL engineers to fix the proplem quickly. I need to know if this is a regular problem with BT and ADSL as I am disabled and cannot get out of the house, so rely on the phone a lot.

Did you point this out to BT? If not, I think you should, as they should give you priority. Speak to the Area Manager, or something.

> Does anyone else have this problem. If it is going to keep on recurring I shall have to go back to Connect Standard, as the Phone is a essential.

I've had no problems myself.

I saw on one of the newsgroups recently a suggestion which *might* help you (worth a try, anyway). It was that you power down your ADSL modem and physically disconnect it from the Phone socket. One poster suggested leaving it disconnected for 5 minutes, another said between 30 mins to an hour(!). Apparently, this causes the ADSL equipment at the BT exchange to reset itself in some way; it just might work.
N/A

> I saw on one of the newsgroups recently a suggestion which *might* help you (worth a try, anyway). It was that you power down your ADSL modem and physically disconnect it from the Phone socket. One poster suggested leaving it disconnected for 5 minutes, another said between 30 mins to an hour(!). Apparently, this causes the ADSL equipment at the BT exchange to reset itself in some way; it just might work.

I tried this, but it did not work, then at long last the phones started to work again, the BT engineer phoned, and said the fault was at the BT Exchange - lets hope this does not happen again.
--
N/A

> I tried this, but it did not work, then at long last the phones started to work again, the BT engineer phoned, and said the fault was at the BT Exchange - lets hope this does not happen again.
>
Yes, glad to hear it's sorted out. I had a horrible feeling you'd go back to your non-ADSL account only to find your phone line still didn't work (leaving you with nothing at all)! But it seems it was pure coincidence that whatever happened occurred so soon after the ADSL work.
N/A

Well Well, the phone lasted 1 day, the phone is dead again. BT are surposed to sort it out on Monday. The cannot even redirect my phone calls to our mobile, as the fault stops this as well. Good ole BT - What I would like to know, is this has only happened since going onto ADSL and we are worried that this will be a problems that could keep recurring.

Shirley Well.
N/A

> Well Well, the phone lasted 1 day, the phone is dead again. BT are surposed to sort it out on Monday.

Hello, Shirley

It's now Wednesday. Did BT sort out the problem, and have you had any indication that it's going to be a permanent solution this time? In fact, have you had any information at all about what the problem is? - obviously, in this forum, it's useful to have as much detail as possible about problems, because it may help others to diagnose their own and so bring them to an early resolution.

Anyway, hope it's now fixed!
N/A

> It's now Wednesday. Did BT sort out the problem,
Hi Stephen,
No the problem is still with us, the BT engineer, came yesterday, and straight away said it was an ADSL fault, went to the exchange, rang us later (via the Mobile) and said yes it was an ADSL fault, and put in a request for a ADSL engineer to come and fix it, so here we are still phoneless, and not very happy, as we requested this in the first place that an ADSL engineer looked as this fault first, but not BT have to go through all their rigmarole, and so here we are back to the beginning, waiting for an ADSL engineer - that is when they can, as apparently they are few and far between, BT cannot give us a time as to when this problem will be looked at again. Ah well,I am so annoyed as we have some very important Phone calls to make that will be lengthy and using the mobile is out of the question (too expensive)

Shirley Wells
N/A

Keep your fingers crossed, BT fixed a fault at their Exchange last Friday, so all told that was two weeks with no Phone. As far as I can gather there was a loose wire, just before the BT adsl Modem at the Exchange.

It has now been 5 days, and all is still working-Marvellous.

Shirley

--