cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perl version

N/A

Perl version

I know this is a frequently asked question on the newsgroups, and I really ought to pay more attention, but can someone tell me what version of perl is running on crofters? I have a classifieds script which needs 5.8.0 and when I try to run it I get an error. This leads me to suspect that the version on the server is not what I need.

Thanks

Mark
4 REPLIES
N/A

Perl version

Mark / "didit": Have a squinny at the bottom of the CGI/Shell Server Basics tutorial, which points to http://cgi.force9.net/cgi-bin/perlinfo.cgi

Looks like you're out of luck at the moment. Perhaps the pending revamp of the CGI system will take care of it?
N/A

Perl version

What are those things in a toilet cistern? Oh I know now. Ballcocks :!: :!: I had a horrible feeling that was the case Sad A handy link to know though, cheers task.

Mark
N/A

Perl version

Incidently, I believe (from a post in the newsgroup) that the version running on the CGI server that you can telnet into is again different to the version running on the webserver just to confuse matters!
N/A

Perl version

Yes I saw that too. Problem is, I can't remember how to give the command in putty to do that either! Hopefullt I may have solved the problem. The script writer has given me a "tutorial" on how to get it working with the current perl version. I shall take a look tomorrow without my "beer goggles" on.

Cheers

Mark