cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perl libraries missing after upgrade??

N/A

The recent CGI upgrade seems to have broken a number of libraries. I have a MovableType installation in my CGI account on crofters, and it was working up to about 4:45 yesterday (I was adding entries, editing them, etc.). Now it's broken -- DBI.pm is missing. If I run a simple perl program that just has "include DBI;", it fails to compile. :?

I opened a ticket as suggested on the status page, but support says they can't help me.
I'm thinking of using DB_File instead (unless further upgrades break *this* library too!) but have no idea how to port existing entries over.

Can I request they install DBI on this new version of Perl?? (It's on the PerlDiver module page on cgi.force9.net but doesn't work.)

Does anybody have any other ideas?
7 REPLIES
N/A

I just posted a new message on this (must have done it as I was editing it all!)
The perl pages tend to indicate that DBI is installed, so I wondered whether it hadn't compiled correctly or something?

The flat file version of DBI is indeed working, I think, but the performance between the flat file and the mysql was huge for me (in benefit to using mysql).
N/A

I've raised this over on the Feedback Thread on PlusNet - I'll keep you updated on what happens.

I don't know if you want to raise a link:Contact Us ticket about it or not, it might be spotted sooner though Smiley
N/A

That was the first thing I tried, and after two rounds, they gave up on me:

"Unfortunately we cannot support the scripting on your site. You will need to consult the user forums in the Member Centre."

... unless you're suggesting I should raise a ticket for them to fix the libraries?? (and hope it doesn't get routed to customer service! :x )
N/A

You can explain that a previously working Perl script no longer works, and that the module still looks to be installed according to the output of http://cgi.force9.net/cgi-bin/perlinfo.cgi - say you suspect it was due to the upgrade to Perl carried out overnight and ask for it to be checked by one of the Networks team (probably Ben O'Hara as he seems to have been in charge of the CGI Platform Redevelopment)

If you don't get a satisfactory response to that, then drop a PM off to dtomlinson, horwath, ianwild or joshberry asking them to investigate the ticket. I may take my own advice actually, and go and fire off a ticket on my account.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you want to re-raise the ticket if you're still having a problem I'll ensure that it gets passed on to the network guys to look at. We made some changes yesterday including upgrading perl to 5.8, so it is very likely related to that.
N/A

Perl Modules

Dunno if this helps, but I had trouble on the old server with missing perl modules.
I wanted to use the Apache::Htpasswd modules which was not in the standard module path. My solution was to simply create the Apache directory in my cgi-bin directory then get Htpasswd.pm from cpan and place it into the new Apache directory.
Sorted it.

Phil.
N/A

The problem isn't so much that they are missing - its teh fact they were there and now they aren't (despite one script still thinking they are there)