cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc kept crashing

N/A

Pc kept crashing

Hi this moring my pc crashed about 8 times it got 2 the load up screen and then it would not do anything else. I had to go it 2 safe mode and use system restore. Has this happend 2 any 1 else
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Pc kept crashing

Check what the admin utils in control panel in win2K/XP report in the event viewer. Could be you uninstalled something and it removed a vital dll etc from windows. As if safe mode works then something is missing that windows requires, or worst case a virus.

So could be time for a format and reinstall
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Pc kept crashing

Has this happend 2 any 1 else
Probably to lots of people and for lots of reasons.

If the intent of your post was to get help than may I suggest you give us more details about your PC config, windows version, network connection and a more detailed explaination of what has been happening. This should include any error messages you have seen, what you normally run on the PC, any new software you have installed recently and anything else that may help us help you.

Maybe with that info we can help solve the problem you are having.

Cheers

Peter Cool
N/A

Pc kept crashing

Thanks i managed to work my pc again but my brothers is still broke its harder for him to work it as he dont have da internet. Thanks
N/A

Pc kept crashing

It may have got you up and running this time but I would be very wary of system restore. It's always failed me in the past. It consumes massive amounts of disk space for little return. Worse still it copies and stores viruses indefinately when you "remove" them using any AV software I have ever tried. Like most of the freebies that come with windows it aint quite up to the job its intended for. A third party back up utility is a safer bet. If there's anything you simply can't afford to lose, burn it to a cd.
N/A

Pc kept crashing

U was right he fixed in da end via his friend and now he has sold the pc and brought a new one. Thank all