cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords... the end of the line

N/A

Just trying to sort the mess that is my passwords out and realised its time we junked them for something better...

Okay, 1 password for PN isn't too bad but there is then 12 passwords for work, upteen forums, 4 or 5 different email accounts, 8 website passwords, online banking, 3 pin numbers for cards, pin for two mobiles (work/personal), wep keys... Trying to maintain a sensible hard-to-crack without being forgettable scheme with that lot is impossible (without using the same/similiar) on all.

As I use three different PC's regularly and one is work's (and they're twitchy about installing anything not 'core') a password manager wouldn't work too well...

We need a public campaign to burn all passwords in public and liberate our minds from the chains of op (or de?)pression caused by trying to remember too many passwords, pins etc.
6 REPLIES
N/A

The future's Biometric Smiley
N/A

i thought the future was bright, the future is orange....thats what the telly says Wink
N/A

All my passwords are the same but with a different two digit number at the end.
Not ideal I admit, but I value my sanity.
N/A

Ah, I don't have any to value...

And no biometric really has a good enough false positive/negative rate for me to trust things like my bank balance to it Wink

(One day you'll either find you have no money or lots of it but can't use it :x )
N/A

(One day you'll either find you have lot's on money

I have no doubt that we will because my better half does the lottery every week. Wink
N/A

Those USB Fingerprint Scanners will hopefully take over. They are already I hear using them in some schools rather than having registration.

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4142

Ps. I just won a tenner on the lotto, lol - first time I ever won.