cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking Ticket

Community Veteran

Parking Ticket

Grrr, Ive just got a parking ticket.

I parked somewhere with a single yellow line, I didnt pay much attention and to be honest I didnt know what a single yellow line meant. Probably just me.

£30 down. I got to the woman just before she printed it and I complained. She was a bit snotty.

Im annoyed anyway and just felt like moaning about it. Other than that there's no real point to this post.
17 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Parking Ticket

Single yellow line means that there is a restriction to parking that is usually displayed on signs along the side of the road. For eg parking in a Permit Only area, areas where parking is allowed between certain hours.

Same thing happened to a friend a while back whilst he was at a mates house fixing his computer for him. Mate failed to mention that you needed a permit to park outside and he got stung for £30.

Bugger aint it?
N/A

Parking Ticket

There used to be a trial scheme, similar to those used in London, where we used to live.

The permit was free because of the trial, unless you wanted extra visitor passes, in which case you payed (which seemed fair).

You would write the date on the visitor badge and put it in the car window. That way, you where validated for one day.

The scheme was quickly scrapped because it was very quickly abused.

People would simply ignore the permit scheme. If they got a ticket, they would just ask at the houses for a visitors pass, put the date on it, and get the fine killed off on a visit to the council officers Cheesy
N/A

Parking Ticket

and people wonder why traffic wardens get so much stick!
Community Veteran

Parking Ticket

It just really annoyed me, and her snotty attitude really didnt help.

What really gets to me is they dont do anything about people parking in dangerous places like on corners or bends or even school markings, yet I park on a road 15 mins after this restriction starts and its a problem.

Double yellow lines and I'd say well its my own fault, but how can a road be ok to park on one min and not the next? Guess I learned the hard way anyway.

Chris
N/A

Parking Ticket

yeah that is the worst thing mate, bad bends and bloody junctions, I hate it, you come to a junction and have to go on the wrong side to turn, and what happens if someone comes round the corner and smacks you... your fault!!
N/A

Parking Ticket

Near where I live a house caught fire. Because people parked both sides of the road the fire engine could not get to the house. A chap died in the fire (it is not certain that the cause was the delay). However there is no doubt in my mind that if there had been a council car park near there would have been yellow lines. They are no longer put down to make roads safer, but simply to boost the income of the council. Yet more hidden taxation!
Community Veteran

Parking Ticket

In parkstone, poole there is a street called brixey close one of the residents has some business and always has a number of cars parked outside the council put in double yellow lines which stop just before this house but do block off where the parking may actually be needed for a valid reason.
N/A

Parking Ticket

when dad was a fireman......same sort of probs in bangor...shame on the cars, they got shoved outta the way by the engine..
N/A

Parking Ticket

I'm sure I heard in Leeds the council had authorised the fire dept to 'nudge' any illegally parked cars out of the way with big 'Dennis'
I've never seen or heard of it being done, but with a certain amount of discretion it could be worthwhile.
Especially if they went into Tesco's and bashed the police cars parked in the disabled spots Grrrrr
N/A

Parking Ticket

dad has done it once or twice himself I am led to believe, but it wasnt a gentle nudge, I mean, they were in a hurry weren't they lol Wink
N/A

Parking Ticket

Most probably wouldn't have felt it anyway - quite a big vehicle, all that water swishing about, ladders rattling - not to mention the siren.
And just 'cause its a red stripe isn't conclusive proof, and the matching black line down the side of dennis could have been soot surely.
In fact it most probably never happened Wink
N/A

Parking Ticket

something tells me that most of them were probably not reported.. illegal parking etc, blocking an emergency vehicle whilst doin its duty sorta thing, nah...stuff em.

I like it in America...you park in front of a hydrant.....bye bye windows!! lol
Community Veteran

Parking Ticket

In Sheffield if you were silly enough to park on the tram tracks the trams will move cars or they will break windows to move cars if needed. Or so I'm told.

Chris
N/A

Parking Ticket

we've got trams in nottingham but the main tram line goes right past one of the car parks for the ice arena, Which means whenever there is a show, the road gets clogged up by cars waiting to get in the car park and the tram gets to sit there honking its horn and dinging its bell still i hate trams think they're pointless so i find it all rather amusing Smiley