Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages and pictures not being displayed

paulcobb
Grafter

HI,
It seems recently that when i call up some of my sites hosted on F9 that some of the pages will not display unless refreshed several times and similarly with pictures - need to 'show picutre' several times in some cases!
Why?
4 REPLIES
N/A

I have seen exactly the same with our site www.triangledigital.com hosted by Force9. I raised a ticket but Support said there is not problem. It has persisted for several days now.

Peter Rush
Triangle Digital Support Ltd
N/A

Peter, I just had a flick round your site and (nice BTW, looks like a lovely little town square too), and everything loaded fine, slight pause on the arrows, but sometimes I thing the MM preload just doesn't.

FWIW, I wrote a graphical mouse over image preloader from scratch and that doesn't always seem to work either :?

Is this a problem you've seen on loads of machines or just yours?

It might be that your cache has got a bit confused.
N/A

Empty caches, IE and Firefox, two different PCs on different broadband connections all show the problem. It is intermittent, with reloads being necessary only for 'outages' of 30mins to 2 hours. Occasionally even a reload does not show the page. all other websites are ok.

There has been this hosting problem for about 5 daysand I'm glad someone else has reported it too. Because of the intermittent nature it might be difficult to convince Force9 that all is not well.

Peter Rush
Triangle Digital Support Ltd
N/A

OK, I just got the problem :?

Cowsgrazing and tide guage both did it.

Source looks OK, but a bit messy at the top of the body, might be a bit of js not completing properly and stopping the rendering, but I really can't see a pattern.

I just copied the image url out of the propertys box into a browser window and got the standard Apache URL not found error , but above that were the chars

13d

I hit 'go' and the image displayed fine.

This means nothing to me but might help