cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page load speed.

sandyfred
Dabbler

Page load speed.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to investigating F9 etc. Just going to Broadband, I hope.
I am finding while still on dial up, that using f9 with IE, the pages take an age to load, sometimes 3/4 minutes or when I get fed up of waiting.
Going onto Mozila Firefox certainly speeds things up dramatically. Is this normal.?

No where else do I get such slow service as F9 with IE, I'm on the latest IE.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Slooooww !!! Slooooww quick quick slooooow!! :-)

Hi sandyfred,

Yes! your completely correct if your logging in and using the portal via a normal 56K modem connection with IE6 its VERY Sloooowww!! this is due to the complex and graphical nature of the page construction. YEP! firefox is faster than IE6 from all the reports I've come across & I think this is due to its design as its not as bloated as IE6.

**I have to say that once on broadband the portal is far more managable and page load times are much more acceptible i.e. quicker. So hurry up & get that ADSL connection up and running and you wont look back. I'm an ADSL fan now and convert from long time modem use.

Ivan
sandyfred
Dabbler

Page load speed.

Thanks Ivan for confirming that it's not unusual, strange though that it only seems so bad on force9.
I'm just waiting for confirmation that my line has been activated, possibly another few days it seems.
Cheers, Fred.