Did you mean: 

PLEASE help me

N/A

PLEASE help me

i play counterstrike
and up until about a half an hour ago
i was enjoying my lovely new force 9 ADSL connex
BUT now everytime i try to connect to a cs server
my online connection drops completely meaning i have to close down the open things to try and reconnect again
can someone please help
THANKS in advance
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PLEASE help me REPLY

> i play counterstrike
> and up until about a half an hour ago
> i was enjoying my lovely new force 9 ADSL connex
> BUT now everytime i try to connect to a cs server
> my online connection drops completely meaning i have to close down the open things to try and reconnect again
> can someone please help
> THANKS in advance
>

Hi,
To answer your question. My guess is that you are suffering from variable network traffic conditions.
After the recent network problems F9 & probably BT have been dealing with. Its not at all suprising that your CS connections have become problematic. At this point in time the bandwidth problems are NOT with F9 but other ISP's that your connections travel across (probably BT's internet backbone). Your NOT alone here,my ADSL connection speeds are abismal and bandwidth intensive programs like CS tend to suffer the most. All you can do is sit tight and wait until the bottlenecks & problems out on the wider network are solved and better bandwidth is made available once again. I just hope this is only a matter of hours (and NOT days).

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: PLEASE help me REPLY

> > i play counterstrike
> > and up until about a half an hour ago
> > i was enjoying my lovely new force 9 ADSL connex
> > BUT now everytime i try to connect to a cs server
> > my online connection drops completely meaning i have to close down the open things to try and reconnect again
> > can someone please help
> > THANKS in advance
> >
>
> Hi,
> To answer your question. My guess is that you are suffering from variable network traffic conditions.
> After the recent network problems F9 & probably BT have been dealing with. Its not at all suprising that your CS connections have become problematic. At this point in time the bandwidth problems are NOT with F9 but other ISP's that your connections travel across (probably BT's internet backbone). Your NOT alone here,my ADSL connection speeds are abismal and bandwidth intensive programs like CS tend to suffer the most. All you can do is sit tight and wait until the bottlenecks & problems out on the wider network are solved and better bandwidth is made available once again. I just hope this is only a matter of hours (and NOT days).
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>
>
> --
> Hi Again,
Here's another thought for you, you can test your connection to see how good it is. But it does require some technical understanding? You can use the "ping" command from a DOS prompt (command window)but this requires that you know the CS servers hostname or IP address (precisely in words or numbers). It might look like for example: ping 192.168.71.09 etc or hostname such as prima1.networkname.net or such like. If the response form the ping test is quick say less than 200ms (that's milliseconds) then the connections speed is probably OK, if the response "Request Timed Out" then the CS server is not reachable.

Ivan

--
N/A

RE: PLEASE help me

> i just wanted to say thank you to Ivan who took the time to respond

BUT

he said "All you can do is sit tight and wait until the bottlenecks & problems out on the wider network are solved and better bandwidth is made available once again. I just hope this is only a matter of hours (and NOT days). "

UNFORTUNATELY
this has not happened and to say the least i am thinking of cancelling force 9 altogether
i have been lucky to be able to visit this webby coz i can get none of the others
AND
i am still having the problem playing counter-strike
unfortunately
i know the cs servers are fine AND i can ping them
BUT as soon as i try to connect to one my ADSL connection drops completely and starts to try and reconnect.
THIS WELL AND TRUELY SUCKS.
i am not some kid having a moan
i am an adult gamer/server admin and if force 9 cannot provide me with a connection that i can use reliably then maybe my money would be better spent elsewhere.
i must admit its shameful that someone from technical or customer services failed to reply to my original message.
but thx again Ivan and here's hoping that Force 9 gets it sorted P D Q.