cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP and domains

N/A

PHP and domains

Bear with me, I'm only little. Smiley

So, all webpages containing PHP must go in the CGI bin? But the cgi bin is at cgi.username.f9.co.uk (or whatever, I don't quite remember the subdomain). Does this mean that all PHP pages I upload must be kept in my subdomain, and not my domain? Because I want to use a PHP include for headers and footers on my page (yes, I'm one of these annoying teens who just want the option to change their layout every two days without bothering to change all the files Tongue), but I would also like it all on my domain, not just using the domain as a redirection thingy. Is their a solution to this, or will I just have to bear with it?

Kate
9 REPLIES
N/A

PHP and domains

Kate

Check out the Tutorials and FAQs forum, especially the Setting Up Domain Records article.

Regards

Neil
N/A

PHP and domains

Ah, yes, checking the FAQ first is basic common sense Shockedops:
Will do!
N/A

Re: PHP and domains

(yes, I'm one of these annoying teens who just want the option to change their layout every two days without bothering to change all the files Tongue)
Kate

Welcome to theBigWideWonderfulWorld of CSS!

See examples at http://www.csszengarden.com/ -- all achieved with no change to the HTML markup: only the CSS stylesheet is changed.
N/A

PHP and domains

Thaks, Neil - sorted. I think.
task posted:
Welcome to theBigWideWonderfulWorld of CSS!

Ah, but CSS is scary...I mean, I use it to customise my tables, but instead of tables? Sounds a bit complicated to me. I'll think about it Smiley.

Kate
N/A

PHP and domains

Because I want to use a PHP include for headers and footers on my page (yes, I'm one of these annoying teens who just want the option to change their layout every two days without bothering to change all the files)

Thats good coding practice so dont think it will annoy people.

Keep up the good work,

Spid
N/A

PHP and domains

I am supposed to use CSS on the website project I am doing at college, but it scares me! I am also supposed to use database, but looking round, even a simple mailing list code is about 8 files and loadsa pages long! Surely it cannot be difficult to create a form where user enters an email address, which is then added to a database file (access) and another where you fill out the email body and it pulls all the addresses from the database and adds then as bcc addresses?

Oh, and I dont suppose F9 can give me the use of asp on the cgi server?
N/A

PHP and domains

Rev Dave! How could you!

As it is written:
    The venom of asps is under their lips
Careful! Don't succumb to that serpent's wiles! Be not deceived! Don't lead the flock astray!

Repent! Repent!
N/A

PHP and domains

I totally agree, but I just checked, and .asp is compulsory I need all the help I can get!
N/A

PHP and domains

I am under the same problem, I have solved, this far, using IFRAMES within my "template" so I can change the template, without changing the php web page within it.

However, I have a problem now, I would really like it to point to /cgi/myphpstuff rather then cgi.username.f9.bla bla bla bla bla blablaaaa (yes you can see how annoid I am) so that my "super" javascript code that dynamically alter the size of the iframe to make it fit without a scroll bar could work (as currently it compaints that I don't have permission to access a website content thet is on onether web site... dam!)

is that possible with a DNS entry that f9 can do for you, so that in my web page I can have a /cgi/myphpstuff linkHuh

and second question, does anyone know if a google bot will follow the link to the php content so that people can do searches (like for php forum software) will it do that!? PLease help, have a look at the web site if you like www.genio.f9.co.uk