cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Attachments

N/A

PHP Attachments

anyone know if i am able to use the 250MB of space on the homepages.force9.net server for the uploading of attachments rather than using the 50MB of space on the cgi server. Not sure if there is a way or what the rout would be for a folder called files for example on the main webspace?

This is for an attachment mod for the PHPBB2 forum.
6 REPLIES
N/A

PHP Attachments

The unofficial rule is that you can split your total space in any way you like across the two servers, which generally means people who need more than the official amount designated on the CGI machine can use as much as they need there, as long as their total combined space does not exceed the overall limit for their account.
N/A

PHP Attachments

thanks, so a total of 300MB i presume or something around there. I will keep that in mind Cheesy

Roger.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

PHP Attachments

Hi,

As a guide we generally have no problems if you use slightly more than 50MB on the CGI server so long as that is offset by a similar reduction of usage on the Homepages server. I should you shouldn't use it the other way around, i.e. not use CGI at all and upload over 250MB on the Homepages server.
N/A

PHP Attachments

does anyone know here how i can make uploads via a webpage HTML to the webspace, i have a forum which i have installed using PHPBB but when using an attachment mod for this it works ok uploading up to 2MB any more seems to time out, i have all set correctly, just the timing out issue really, not sure if there is anything i can do to change this. New to all this phpBB thing but it is interesting.
N/A

PHP Attachments

The PHP File Upload limit is set to 2MB anyway, so uploading more won't work and I'm not sure if you can change that on a script-by-script basis (I doubt it.)
N/A

PHP Attachments

o right i see, so setting things higher will not make much difference then, no problems things seem to work 100% just anything above 2MB seems to not work. I presume that this is the limit then.

Are there any other ways whereby i can upload things via HTML at all to the webspace, just something i have been playing around with, nice tool thought the phpBB forum. Cheesy