cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCWorld - They are all Liers!

craigbrass
Grafter

Ok, well basically a friend got a new laptop. Firstly they told him it didn't have wireless built into it and he needed to buy a PCMCIA card for it. So he did. I took a look at it and it had a perfectly working wireless adaptor built in.

He also got a D-Link wireless router with it. They said it was the last one in stock and they wouldn't be getting any more in, next day he went in, they had 20 of them stacked up in the networking section.

What a bunch of liers!
29 REPLIES
N/A

Yeah they are an expensive rip off too Tongue
craigbrass
Grafter

Yep, but the friend I am refering to NEVER buys anything on the internet. He even pays for broadband via cheque quarterly. Aparently he doesn't trust CCs and the net *rolls eyes*
N/A

heh well each to himself and all that Tongue
Community Veteran

I have a name for PC World. It's Dimwits Land.

Advert goes where in the world - so I thought I give them an answer especially since some of there staff are right dimwits I brought a cheap soundcard in there at one point I couldn't get it to slot into the PCI slot so I take it back and the guy tries it in a machine away from view comes back and says "It fits in our machine - try wiggling the motherboard"!
craigbrass
Grafter

Plus when I was getting broadband, I had to go and get a splitter from them as I didn't have enough, they asked me which ISP I was going with out of interest, I said PlusNet, and they said they were unreliable and had bad support and recomended AOL or FreeServe, GRRRR!
N/A

Plus when I was getting broadband, I had to go and get a splitter from them as I didn't have enough, they asked me which ISP I was going with out of interest, I said PlusNet, and they said they were unreliable and had bad support and recomended AOL or FreeServe, GRRRR!

lmao n00bs
Mark64uk
Grafter

Yeah they pulled the netowrk card trick on a relative of mine.They also told here she needed a network card

Mark
craigbrass
Grafter

They are a bunch of money grabbing swines in my opinion. I am actually gonna submit a complaint to the watchdog show or summin, se what thay say. Wouldn't it be good to have em named and shamed on TV!
N/A

PCWorld Hummm!!! Ivan

Hi,

ISNT PC World part of the Dixons Group along with The Link (mobile phone shops)Huh

**Unless you know exactly what your buying, know all the technical details of the product I definately wouldnt buy from PC World either its just another supermarket but a rather bad one at that though.

**PCWorld is for people who have money but are pretty naive when it comes to new technologies and thats exactly what PCWorld hopes for, people who their staff can blind with techno-babble. And who will fall for it & part with cash into the bargin.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
holdtight
Grafter

Hit the nail on the head !

you are absolutely spot on Ivan

and yes they are part of the Dixons Comet Link you name it group and a
bunch of no knowledge shiesters
craigbrass
Grafter

Meh, all them stores are awful. Its what drove me to buying just about everything on the net.
N/A

PCWorld Ivan

Hi,

Perhaps this topic should be called the, how many people really hate PCworld club? TEE HEE! :lol:

Ivan
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, or even better, make it into a poll Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

Comet aren't part of the DSG Retail Group. It's Dixons, Currys, PC World and The Link. DSG stands for Dixons Stores Group.