cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI ADSL Modem..?

N/A

PCI ADSL Modem..?

Anyone sucessfully installed a connexant chipset (supplied by Dabs.com) PCI ADSL modem on Force 9?

If you have, I'd VERY much appreciate a rundown of the install proceedure and settings (I run Win XP Pro but same for 98 would be just as helpful)

Thanks

Steve
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PCI ADSL Modem..?

> Anyone sucessfully installed a connexant chipset (supplied by Dabs.com) PCI ADSL modem on Force 9?
>
> If you have, I'd VERY much appreciate a rundown of the install proceedure and settings (I run Win XP Pro but same for 98 would be just as helpful)
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Hi,

I can't advise much on the install procedure as I'm not familiar with that modem but you can find all the settings you will need here:

http://portal.f9.net.uk/supportpages.html?a=206

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

Hi,

I'm currently using one of them. The only thing that needs changing is the VCI value from the default of 35 to 38.

you need to run the control panel and press alt-p. On one of the tabs (can't remember which) you will see the VCI option. just change this to 38.

Good luck

Vince
N/A

if you are talking about the 51 quid version(although currenty about 44 or summit)
there seems to be a problem with winxp drivers for this modem. every time the computer is rebooted or shutdown etc the driver must be re-installed each time. this is because you are using the win 2000 driver am i rightHuh the only suggestions i have are to try the driver from www.the-mad-house.co.uk or downgrade to windows 2000. if you read the reveiws of this product on dabs you might find more driver linksHuh

good luck- let me know how u go on
mmmplumjuice@hotmail.com
N/A

I have one of these running on XP and it appears to be okay. I have ordered ADSL from F9 and an waiting on connection. I understand that I need to change the VCI.

The thing that I was wondering was, Windows XP picks the card up as a LAN adapter and therefore you cannot just create a new Dialup Connection for it. Do you have to create a new Broadband connection and use the WAN PPPOE adapter?
N/A

Well a reply might have been nice. I will have to look elsewhere for this information.