cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI A220 as a LAN?

N/A

PCI A220 as a LAN?

After spending two full days (with no sleep) trouble shooting this card I'm not keen to experiment with it right now. To cut a long story short, they have serious compatibility issues with VIA chipset and/or Creative Labs sound cards. If I was an ordinary user the problem would be unresolved and the product returned. Not to mention the hours of work I could've created for Force9 (on top of what I already did!)

But, my question is: Currently, it is set up to work like a mode, that is to create a WAN dial up connection. I'm sure most people knew this already. Has anyone managed to set it up using the bridge configuration to act as a LAN instead? This would be a much more attractive implementation for me. I can obviously install it under the bridge settings but I do not know the network properties I should set up to get it connected to F9.

Any help or comments greatly appreciated. Especially from F9 regarding the A220 compatibility, I am not alone on this - check the forums (many angry and confused users).

Kind regards,

Gareth Williams
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: PCI A220 as a LAN?

> Currently, it is set up to work like a mode,

That should, of course, read 'modem' at the end Roll eyes

Gareth Williams