cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Powerscan - any info?

N/A

PC Powerscan - any info?

The above software , downloaded from www.pcpowerscan.com , claims to be able to scan your system for errors, lost files etc. The scan is free but a fee is chargeable for an online fix. Needless to say when I scanned my system I found over 250 errors, many of which were High priority.
Has anyone heard of this software and is it genuine and worth the money ? TIA
--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PC Powerscan - any info?

> The above software , downloaded from www.pcpowerscan.com , claims to be able to scan your system for errors, lost files etc. The scan is free but a fee is chargeable for an online fix. Needless to say when I scanned my system I found over 250 errors, many of which were High priority.
> Has anyone heard of this software and is it genuine and worth the money ? TIA
>
> --
>

Is that pcpowerscan or pcpowerscam, I wonder what one it is also. I know this much I would not bother with it as it sounds a bit iffy to me but then maybe it's for real. then you have to ask yourself do you realy need it.
espresso_mick
Grafter

It's could well be genuine, but you would be better off buying something like Norton Utilites instead. I've never heard of Powerscan, but I can recommend Norton Utilites....I've used it for years, you also get a few other tools bundled as well.

The errors these programs will find are probably things like invalid Windows registry entries/invalid shortcuts/invalid active x entries or application paths etc.

I also use a free programe in conjunction with Norton Utilities called EasyCleaner. The programs scan the computer differently, so whatever each program misses the other will pick up on.

You can download EasyCleaner from here: -

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2094-8371564.html?tag=lst-0-1

If you use it though, there is one thing you MUST do. When you use the Clean Registry tool, there is a box marked Skip. You must add the word 'help' in that box otherwise it prevents access to your Windows Help files. Apart from that, it's an excellent little program.
N/A

Thanks for that Mick, have used Easyclean followed by Diskeeper a couple of days ago and my system certainly is much faster and more reliable..even my son has stopped complaining!!

--