cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC 2 TV

N/A

PC 2 TV

I'm looking for a device that will transmit vga, audio, keyboard & mouse so I can operate the PC on my TV. I've come across some devcies that perform nearly all the functions, but most miss off a seperate mouse, and are only available in the states.

The PC will be in a differnt room on a differnt floor to the TV, so needs to operate via radio.

Has anybody come across a device, or a combination of devices that will allow me to do this without the use of wires.

Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PC 2 TV

> I'm looking for a device that will transmit vga, audio, keyboard & mouse so I can operate the PC on my TV. I've come across some devcies that perform nearly all the functions, but most miss off a seperate mouse, and are only available in the states.
>
> The PC will be in a differnt room on a differnt floor to the TV, so needs to operate via radio.
>
> Has anybody come across a device, or a combination of devices that will allow me to do this without the use of wires.
>
> Thanks

You could try buying an infrared keyboard and mouse, connect the TV out and sound card to a video sender device (argos do them) which will also retransmit your infra red signals to the receiver unit.
N/A

> You could try buying an infrared keyboard and mouse, connect the TV out and sound card to a video sender device (argos do them) which will also retransmit your infra red signals to the receiver unit.<

Thanks for that.

I had thought of using a video sender, but wasn't sure if the IR sender would be up to the demands of a constant stream needed for the mouse. Has anybody tried this...?

N/A

being down some reasearch, and the Video sender things looks like a posibility. One thing I would like to know, is does anybody here us a wireless mouse and keyboard, one that use radio, not infra red..? How far do they operate? I need one the will operate about 5ish meters, and through one floor.

Thanks.
N/A

Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard will certainly work from 5m but not sure about through the floor.

> being down some reasearch, and the Video sender things looks like a posibility. One thing I would like to know, is does anybody here us a wireless mouse and keyboard, one that use radio, not infra red..? How far do they operate? I need one the will operate about 5ish meters, and through one floor.
>
> Thanks.
>

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

Just a thought - you are aware that TV's don't make very good monitors - especially when driven via composite video signal? Expect to run at no better than 800x600 res.
I have one of the cheaper videosenders (from Argos) and find that the IR relay transmission causes interference on the TV picture. This isn't a problem for TV viewing, but may be irritating if you have it constantly - as when using a mouse . . .