cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook

N/A

Outlook

Help Everytime I shut down Outlook, it come back with an error report and relaunches itself. Ay Ideas
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Outlook

> Help Everytime I shut down Outlook, it come back with an error report and relaunches itself. Ay Ideas

Hi,
I had a look through Microsfts Knowledge base for IT professionals and I couldn't find anything that specifically related to the problems you describe.
However, if you can tell me which exact version of MS Outlook you are using and which operating system you are using then I might be able to help you further. Did you save the error reports? or delete them or didn't it give you an option to save them?
If you have the error reports,then if you could post them here that would be usefull.

**If we cannot pin point the exact cause of the problem then it might just be quicker & easier to un-install and then re-install Outlook but dont do that just yet. Thats a last resort only!.
--
N/A

> > Help Everytime I shut down Outlook, it come back with an error report and relaunches itself. Ay Ideas
>
> Hi,
> I had a look through Microsfts Knowledge base for IT professionals and I couldn't find anything that specifically related to the problems you describe.
> However, if you can tell me which exact version of MS Outlook you are using and which operating system you are using then I might be able to help you further. Did you save the error reports? or delete them or didn't it give you an option to save them?
> If you have the error reports,then if you could post them here that would be usefull.
>
> **If we cannot pin point the exact cause of the problem then it might just be quicker & easier to un-install and then re-install Outlook but dont do that just yet. Thats a last resort only!.
>
> --
>

Hi,
I further thought is that Outlook is not shutting down cleanly because it still has hold of some sort of internal process or is still loaded in memory. If you look at windows task manager you will probably see outlook.exe is still loaded & running,the question then is why or what is stopping the application from closing down cleanly.

--
N/A

Firstly Office 2000 and later does offer a repair feature via Control Panel>Add Remove Programs. Find the entry for Office in the list and click the Change button (in Windows 2000, can't remember offhand what 9x displays). This'll then load the office installation wizard offering the choice to look for and repair any faults. Also I think Outlook 98 may have offered a similar option (as that was a separate release to any office release)

Depending on the version you may also want to look for multiple copies of osa.exe running in memory as this seems to generally cause problems with Office programs loading.