Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express 6

cannylad
Grafter

Outlook Express 6

Hi,
Hope someone can help me here.
Outlook Express 6, was running great until recently. Now it takes approx 30 secs for the prog to start and then 30 secs to check my email. Anyone know how to solve the problem as it only took a few secs before. My OS is Win XP.
Cheers
Eric
--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Outlook Express 6

> Hi,
> Hope someone can help me here.
> Outlook Express 6, was running great until recently. Now it takes approx 30 secs for the prog to start and then 30 secs to check my email. Anyone know how to solve the problem as it only took a few secs before. My OS is Win XP.
> Cheers
> Eric
>
> --
>

Hi,
It does sound like you have some sort of problem with the application itself? (with O.E.6)take a look in windowsXP eventlogs especially the application event logs this might & I stress might throw some further light on the prblem.

In addition remember O.E.6 is part of and often linked in with Internet Explorer6 (web browser)infact in winXP the browser is woven into the OS.

Another suggestion would be if things are still not working as required, & you dont pin point the root cause of the problem. I would strongly advise you to re-download & re-install O.E.6 you should be able to install it over the top of the old copy. If you want to be more certain & exacting than this un-install the old copy & install the new copy as if you where installing for the first time (i.e.a clean install on the machine).This should solve the problems 9times out of 10.

Your problem could be down to amny things such as corrupt or wrong or missing registry settings but with detailled error messages or without seing how it behaves directly its hard to advise your further than the above but hope this helps.

Ivan

--
N/A

> Hi,
> Outlook Express 6, was running great until recently. Now it takes approx 30 secs for the prog to start and then 30 secs to check my email. Anyone know how to solve the problem as it only took a few secs before. My OS is Win XP.
> Cheers
> Eric
>
> --
>

I had this problem, but with Outlook 2002.
I run the IE6 update and that fixed it!
cannylad
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the help, however it did'nt work.
I uninstalled both IE6 and OE6 and then reinstalled them but there was no difference at all.
Thanks for you help anyway.
Eric
--
N/A

> Hi,
> Cheers
> Eric
>
> --
>

What extra have you installed?? ie a firewall, my mail slowed down when both firewall & AV software was installed.