cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other ISP's offerring 1M for £17.99

blahblah
Grafter

Will F9 follow or do I have to move to another ISP? How quick can an F9 account be cancelled?
47 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You may be interested to know that we do 1Mbps broadband from £14.99 per month. Have a look here.
blahblah
Grafter

Thanks for the reply but these are more limited than my current account no?

Edit: More specifically - I believe my current F9 account has no bandwidth limit but that the new "lite" accounts do so my cheapest 1meg unrestricted option would cost more at £21.99/month. Also, I am relatively low-usage, infrequent high bw type user equating to "low usage" overall in terms of contention. In effect...

A) I go for the "lite" option and now have to worry about bw... or...
B) I pay more, possibly still having to worry about bw, while F9 gets more money and suffers less contention from me (on for less time). Even though my contention remains same (50:1) :?

So if I want to stay with F9 for 1meg, it seems a sort of "Heads, I win. Tails, you loose" type of thing with F9 holding the coin! Ex-BT marketeers do the pricing perhaps? Tongue
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

May I ask which ISP is offering 1Mbps for £17.99? Also what restrictions do they have in place? What about extra features, email, webspace, CGI, etc.?

Our Broadband Lite account includes 1GB of data per month. If you use more than this then you can buy as many extra GB's as you like for about 2 quid a GB.

So if most months you use less than 1GB you would be saving, even with the odd month where you use 2 or 3GB you'd still be saving.
N/A

Market Research

Sounds dangerously like Market Research Dave?? :lol:
blahblah
Grafter

Thanks for the info Dave and I agree about the saving on bw... if you ignore the cost of changing the account ! I'm checking my options and you think it'll help I'll post my findings.
N/A

I have seen some of the small print on these other ISPs and they too have a 1GB limit like PlusNet do, only they charge more. Im reasonably sure PlusNet do the cheapest 1Mbit deal and certainly the best one.

Personally I find it hard to do less than 1GB in a day never mind a month. It would certainly make downloading the Mandrake Linux DVD a problem. :?
N/A

On week days i play online games (Counter-Strike: Source and HL2: Deatmatch etc.) for about 6 Hours.

On Weekend (Saturday or Sunday for example) ill be playing games online for about 14 hours

During the night i leave downloads going, and through the day while im at school

Is that a lot? :-)
N/A

Its impossible for me to tell just from what you are saying there but my guess would be a fair bit.

Check out View My Usage, that will tell you for sure. If you then click on "View this month's usage" it will give you a summary of the last 3 months so you can work out your average use.

This should be:
https://portal.f9.net.uk/view_my_broadband_usage/viewmy_broadband_monthly.html
N/A

I took a screen-shot of my usage:

(my account started that friday)

N/A

Then id say you arent going to get away with moving, remember they tend to have a 10GB/month limit and it looks like you will have done that much in a week.

Use your own judgement.
N/A

im on premier though and the guy on the phone said it was unlimited?
N/A

On Premiere you are fine, I was referring to if you chose the cheap 1Mbit packages at PlusNet or most any other ISP im aware of.
N/A

I've been a F9 customer for a while but have unfortunatly gone the route of another ISP for broadband. I wanted to stay with F9 but found it all too expensive in the end and went for the next best option from Wanadoo, 1Mb + 2Gb d/l limit, free modem, free activation.

I set a lot of my customers up on broadband but as much I would like them to use F9 I find I'm giving business to Wanadoo instead. The only one of my users that has an F9 connection is one that I managed to sign up without supplying a modem as they already had equipment and they didn't mind paying the activation fee on my recommendation.
blahblah
Grafter

And todays announcement from BT makes F9 look even less value. Time to move I think.