cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Ports On Solwise SAR110

N/A

Open Ports On Solwise SAR110

Have just replaced the 3Com 612 ADSL/Router and installed the Solwise SAR110 when I checked the router with the Gibson Reaserch test page I have ports 21,23,80 open and the others only closed. I am also running Sygate Firewall but this has no effect on the result. What do I need to change in the Solwise unit to close these ports.

With the 3Com unit all ports were in stealth mode.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Open Ports On Solwise SAR110

> Have just replaced the 3Com 612 ADSL/Router and installed the Solwise SAR110 when I checked the router with the Gibson Reaserch test page I have ports 21,23,80 open and the others only closed. I am also running Sygate Firewall but this has no effect on the result. What do I need to change in the Solwise unit to close these ports.
>
> With the 3Com unit all ports were in stealth mode.

I wouldn't actually trust the GRC test tool, there are many online resources that are very critical of it (and rightly so).

N/A

> Have just replaced the 3Com 612 ADSL/Router and installed the Solwise SAR110 when I checked the router with the Gibson Reaserch test page I have ports 21,23,80 open and the others only closed. I am also running Sygate Firewall but this has no effect on the result. What do I need to change in the Solwise unit to close these ports.
>

Take a look at the review of this router on the adslguide website - http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q1/sar_110.asp . They mention this issue in the review and I think they show how to close those ports.
N/A

> > Have just replaced the 3Com 612 ADSL/Router and installed the Solwise SAR110 when I checked the router with the Gibson Reaserch test page I have ports 21,23,80 open and the others only closed. I am also running Sygate Firewall but this has no effect on the result. What do I need to change in the Solwise unit to close these ports.
> >
>
> Take a look at the review of this router on the adslguide website - http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q1/sar_110.asp . They mention this issue in the review and I think they show how to close those ports.

Thanks for the ADSLGuide link that shows what you are trying to set with IP filtering, have closed the 3 open ports and they show as stealthed all other ports are closed will work out how to stealth the others later.