cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One over the 8

N/A

One over the 8

:x
Why do I feel like I've been had over (again)

I've been paying 16.99 pm for (a long, long time) 2mb fixed 3gb Bandwidth. Just found out FOL have another package 2mb Unlimited Bandwidth 14.99pm.

It would appear, like so many other things you subscribe to, the exisiting 'customers' are hooked and the more attractive deals are used to hook new punters. I can't recall getting a product update from FOL advising me of 'exciting' new deals.

Just feel a little miffed.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Newer products and services Ivan

Hello beano1967,

I just read your posting and YES! I understand how you feel and can indeed sympathise with your senitments entirely. I think this kind of issue is a very wide spread problem and is more to do with how companies (most service companies anyway, UK or else where too) see their customers needs and the needs of the company to ensure its profits or ability to provide the service at a certain price.

**YES! I agree that in an ideal world all companies would be far more procactive in contacting their customers and pointing out that a new better or newer improved products or services exsisted and then one would be able to make a choice at that point.

**However, looked at from another point of view some people might see that kind of approach as hard selling or the company being far too pushy?

**I think the predominant attitude amongst most companies is that the ownious or responsibilty is on the customer to be proactive in finding out about newer or better priced products. Or in other words companies or providors are NOT going to chase after exsisting customers in that regard (rightly or wrongly!).

**I think it wouldnt be unreasonable for a providor to review the customers needs after 6months or 1 year and to make sure the customer was happy with the service and costs involved. But even this would be a huge time consuming excerise you have to bear that in mind. And sadly if it aint going to add to profits my guess is they are just not going to do it.

Ivan
N/A

Re: Newer products and services Ivan

**I think the predominant attitude amongst most companies is that the ownious or responsibilty is on the customer to be proactive in finding out about newer or better priced products. Or in other words companies or providors are NOT going to chase after exsisting customers in that regard (rightly or wrongly!).

You may well be right, but this is a deeply flawed approach to the situation. If I'm going to pro-actively look for more cost-effective deals than the one I currently have, my current supplier is the last person I'm going to look for them with, regardless of the product or my current levels of satisfaction.

Peter
N/A

A question of capitolism replying Ivan

Hello Peter,

YES! I completely agree with you, I think your point is spot on. Yes! I also agree that this is a deeply flawed attitude towards customers for sure.

But if you wanted to take this arguement to its most logical extreme you would end up having to agree with me that the whole capitalistic system within which we live our entire lives is also deeply flawed. Capitalism isnt really interested in meeting the deepest needs of human beings (thats a happy coincidence if it does do that in passing?) its driven by profit and some would say blind greed too if you like?? (look at Alan Sugar hero to some, or greedy money obsessed loony too others like myself?).

Ivan