cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Line Auctions UK, south east?

N/A

On Line Auctions UK, south east?

Can anyone recommend several on-line auctions pref; south east?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: On Line Auctions UK, south east?

> Can anyone recommend several on-line auctions pref; south east?

Have you heard of Ebay.co.uk ?.....or even Ebay.com ?
I am registered with them, and it all appears to be going well. You can buy and sell just about anything on the planet. The difficult part is registration. It was a little comlicated as we wanted to buy and sell, and needed to set up overseas payment arrangements via paypal. If you haven't tried it yet, it's definately worth a go.

--
inky
N/A

RE: On Line Auctions UK, south east?

I use Ebay too, it's probably the best although QXL is also good and doesn't have a fee for placing the ad which you have to pay on Ebay, whether you sell or not.Once you register with Ebay you will also be notofied of "free listing days" when they occur (usually around 2 - 4 times per year. You don't have to pay a fee on those days if you don't sell your item.
Ebay also have a system where they accept credit/debit cards on your behalf. This makes payment easier for buyer and seller although Ebay do charge the seller a small commission for the service. As a seller you can add part or all of this charge to the item cost when it's sold.
I have bought lots of items from ebay and so far I haven't been ripped off. The secret is to look for sellers whith good records and feedback (you enter feedback when you buy or sell on ebay, either positive, negative or neither) The secret of successful selling is to be brutally honest when you describe your item, that way you get good feedback and your ebay reputation improves as you sell more items. I have also sold lots of things and again I have found ebay members to be good payers. Try it and see!

--