cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

N/A

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

Anyone got a def. OFF date for the old system?

I remember reading September as the original cut off date but wondered if this is stil good or if it will be up any longer.

Cheers

C.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

After the troubles caused by the switch, I am hoping that the lead time has been extended. There still hasn't been a definite answer to my questions about the SSI commands, support couldn't be bothered to answer the ticket properly and although I added regularly to it to prevent closure, it sliiped by and was closed without action. Bob was also going to look into the command, but as yet hasn't reported back.

A definite date in black and white for the old system to be switched off would be good, but ONLY if all outstanding queries have been sorted out.

Mark
N/A

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

Yes, that seems pretty poor of support - would be nice to get a firm date but as you say, once a few items have been clarified.

I've yet to start porting some stuff over, luckily I have very little to do but my experience is well low - anyway, gotta take the plunge sometime.

TA

C.
quelquod
Aspiring Pro

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

I have a phpBB board to move over. I've tried it out and all seems OK except that last time I tried it there was a problem sending emails automatically to F9 addresses. Don't know if this has been sorted out yet but it is a royal pain to keep swapping things around to try it with just a single database.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

The silence from support on this matter is deafening!!!!!!!

Mark
N/A

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

Raised a ticket and they got back to me pretty quickly on this...

"An exact date for the removal of this platform is yet unknown but we will inform customers when the time is close."

So we should be ok for a little while!

C.
KJCGames

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

Two answers from support:

The old server is being reomved on the 21st September. At that time any records setup will still work.

Regards,
Kevin Scott

The CCGI address is only whilst the old server is active, once the old server is removed the cgi.kjcgames.com will work (assuming it is setup).

I am sorry that this was not explained before.

Regards,
Kevin Scott
N/A

Old CGI Switch Off Date?

Well done - much more informative response. Cheers

--- Off Topic ---
KJC Games - WOW, thats a name I have not heard of for years! I seem to remember playing a few It's a Crime games (15 years+ ago!).

Anyhow, glad to hear your still going!

Christian.