cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offensive

Community Veteran

Offensive

I would like to point out to people that alot of the jokes in this forum are causing some people concern. Mwright is entitled to his opinion and if he finds things that are questionable in relation to the forum guidelines or common decency he is in his right to request its removal. The moderators will then investigate on a case by case basis.

There is an FAQ in the Tutorials forum on the role of the moderators and there are also links to the Forum Guidelines from there. Please also see the post I made earlier in the week regarding jokes in this forum.

Mwright, I have sent you a PM.

Chris
75 REPLIES
N/A

Offensive

Looking at this forum I find it breaks all the rules I find It offensive and to near the bone when I have young children I dont want them reading about Tampons and the such like on a forum like this.

The whole joke thing is getting offensive to a lot of people in society and I think all these jokes should be removed and let people take joke somwere else. As an old person I object strongly to being a joke for these people
N/A

Offensive

oh please.... ok, its close to the guidelines, but it aint breaking them, no one is forcing you to read them, so dont, they even have the word JOKE on them now..

STOP BEING SO PC!!!

Please! Wink
N/A

Offensive

And whats wrong with tampons?
If we wex talking about gratuitous 'bedroom acts' in a graphic manner I could understand it, and if we were swearing or attempting to bypass the swear filter I could understand it, but tampons, really :?:
Should we also ban children from supermarkets in case they see tampons?
N/A

Offensive

I see my Feeling dont count then? You want your young children coming on a forum like this and reading about tampons?

Its not a case of being PC its a case of being very upset at some of these posts. There is pleanty of places on the net to post thing like this and its not were people with 5 year children expect to come on and feel safe
N/A

Offensive

Sorry - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your feelings don't count at all, but I can't see what the problem with tampons is.
I'll edit the subject now, PM me if you need it changing further.
N/A

Offensive

I have requested that it be removed.
Should be gone as soon as the mod in question has a minute.

Apologies again

EDIT: Didn't realise there had been no reply - have deleted it myself.
N/A

Offensive

I used to be sent to the shop at that age to buy them for me mum, I sell them to kids in the shop I work in, tv carries adverts about female intimate hygeine, and also the fact that you can go climb a mountain because you have one (might try that one meself, never was any good at climbing) your just being a bit too extreme, or are we still in the 18th C
N/A

Offensive

Because this a a portal for familes and very young children dont want to hear about it. If you want close to the bone jokes then the forum need to have an age limit on it so parent know what to expect.

I also feel very upset about joke about my age the internet isnt all about young people old people have feelings and have a right to respect. All people can do IS SHOUT at me for being upset
N/A

Offensive

no one is shouting, shouting on the internet is done is capitals

All we are asking is you take jokes for what they are, jokes, end of story finito.... they are not a dig at anyone.

But i have to ask you, when the advert for tampax on telly is on, do your relatives get sent out of the room?
N/A

Offensive

Because this a a portal for familes and very young children I dont want to hear about it.

I agree on this point. Where do you draw the line?
N/A

Offensive

exactly.... that lines position will always offend someone
Community Veteran

Offensive

The old people jokes are gone now aswell, they where definately borderline of the forum guidelines.

robynfali, Im sure he does realise they are jokes, but never the less people can still be offended by jokes, some more than others, his wishes and concerns should be noted as are yours.

Chris
N/A

Offensive

So why the pressure on Mr Wright?
N/A

Offensive

the two examples used...

tampax..... freely available..... widely advertised

age........... whats the issue here, i know people of 80odd who play BF2 and swear and joke as bad as the rest of us...