cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OEM Software from the US

Midville
Grafter

OEM Software from the US

I have been looking to try and get some bargins with reguards to software, I came across this site http://qomvom.s0ft4allcases.info/ .

They say its downloadable software which are full versions without support,postage and boxes....too good to be true?!?Has anyone used these this firm before.

Any words of warning or praise would be nice.

Thanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

OEM Software from the US

Personaly, it looks like a scam.

Beyond that, OEM software from Microsoft is only allowed to be sold with PC hardware (it must be a component that a computer can't usualy work without. Motherboard, CPU, Ram, Hard Disk).
N/A

OEM Software from the US

can't say I would trust it.

Never heard of Microsoft selling like this. I have purchased OEM windows which is meant to be born and die with a PC ie if pc dies then you need new copy for new build.

Also in FAQ the part about XP Pro mentions you can update but there is no mention anywhere about licence's.

Can't actually find any contact details like email address, phone or address so it is totally Anonymous. Why if they are so good?
Midville
Grafter

OEM Software from the US

Thanks for your comments, its if looks too good to be true then..........................

Its just a shame that Photoshop CS is sooooo expensive. Sad
N/A

OEM Software from the US

Some further information.

The domain name looks very suspicious for one. Registrar information can be found HERE

For a US website, it has a Romanian owner. They also use a Hotmail address for the registration.

Unless they are willing to setup a credible background, I wouldn't go near them.
Midville
Grafter

OEM Software from the US

Thanks to all for pointing out these facts, pay more and get what you want......... time to save up then Smiley.

Out of interest can you inform MS or companies about these 'not so honest sites'?

Thanks again
Cloudmaster
Grafter

OEM Software from the US

Looks suspiciously like this site - http://www.oem-software.us/

Also note that if you dare buy from this company the checkout page is unencrypted.
N/A

OEM Software from the US

If you are tempted to buy these pirate products you might as well download them for free, most if not all of them are not hard to find.
I’m not saying it’s right, but there's not much point in paying for them. It will still be an unlicensed copy that you can't register if you wanted to and it wont make it any less pirate having paid something for it..
N/A

OEM Software from the US

Just reported it to Microsoft.

Not because I feel sorry for M$ but the people who will download believing they have purchased a bargain and could possibly never see the product or have just downloaded some warez Evil

PS
If it is legit then no harm done as M$ will know all about them already

did anybody notice in the FAQ's this

c) What do I get when I order something from you?
You get a link for downloading a full-version software. You also get the activation key, serial number or cd key necessary to activate the software. Note, that you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer and get their support, but we will do our best to support you any way possible. This includes providing different updates and service packs. However some updates will still be available from manufacturers, in fact most of them
Community Veteran

OEM Software from the US

OEM software from Microsoft is only allowed to be sold with PC hardware (it must be a component that a computer can't usualy work without. Motherboard, CPU, Ram, Hard Disk).

Yes this is true if you buy it over the counter and a human is involved in serving you.
However if anybody does need a OEM copy of say Win XP home then if you use the on line ordering from SCAN then there are no checks on this and you can get a copy without having to buy anything else. Smiley

I found this out when I was buying the parts for a new PC and XP was out of stock. I asked the guy serving me if it could be put on the order so that I could collect it when it came in stock.
He advised me just to check the website and when it came in stock just order it and no questions will be asked. Cool

It works too :roll:
LiamM
Grafter

OEM Software from the US

Yeah, the ebuyer website says that XP must be ordered with a piece of hardware. They delivered it to me without though.